Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Cm 2250 power derate question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've not been able to clear a check engine light from my low oil pressure warning due to oil gauge. And now seeming to be low on power due to check light being on. How much does power and torque derate when I'm derate mode?
What code is it throwing? Depending on whatsat wrong the engine could loose power and shut down on you down the road. Might want to get it fixed asap before it leaves you stranded
All it will show me is "engine oil pressure" now the oil gauge is reading 55 psi driving. Straight delvac in the engine.
Ok, we need to discuss terminology. When you say things without using the correct terminology it really makes it difficult to understand and diagnose.
A) a gauge is in your dash. It reads the signal sent to it in millivolts and displays it in a meaningful way, PSI that you understand.
B) an oil pressure sending unit is the photo I posted in the other thread. It sends a signal, usually in millivolts to the ECM and the gauge that the ECM understands and gauge interprets for you.
What part did you change?
Do you have an Inline connector and Insite software on a laptop?
1)If yes, then learn to use it properly to check, read, repair, and clear the codes.
2)If no, then you cannot clear the code, and the dealer that changed said part should have
3)If the dealer DID clear the code, you still have, or have another issue.
4)If you have not shimmed your oil pump, you should NOT have 55psi of oil pressure, something is wrong
I went to the dealer. I do not have insite. The oil pressure sensor was faulty, by the ecm that one. So oil pressure was erratic on the oil gauge on the dash. But it's fixed now. $250 for a $50 dollar part.
Wow $250 for a $50 sensor is alot. Must have alot of $. Hammerhead told u the size of socket aND location. You could've spent maybe $10 maybe for a socket.
But I could not have reset the check code.
The code would go inactive once the sending unit was replaced.
I drove 500 miles with a bad one because it was Sunday and everything else on insite was normal.
Very trying on the nerves.

( Note to self, install mechanical gauge )
(10-28-2016 )Jarhead79 Wrote: [ -> ]But I could not have reset the check code.

If you make the engine happy, the codes will go inactive and the check engine light goes away. Has nothing to do with any special "reseting codes" as you have put it.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's