Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Engine rebuilt, finally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, Oh Great and Wise Council,
Well I am finally back up and running. It only took me 3 months of pain and anguish to get through all the B/S of working with my bank to get my engine rebuilt.. and get the truck back. And I am afraid that so.e corners may have been cut, but the guys that the bank made me use, keep telling me they did the job I wanted, and used all cummins, oem materials. They claim they replaced my oil pump, water pump, fuel pump, as well. I am afraid that they messed with my ecm, because all of the error messages in regards to the dpf pressure, egt, and dosed valve have returned to my dash readout. And when the truck is idling, periodically reves up to 1100 rpms, for a few seconds, and then returns to normal idle, as if it's trying to do a forced Regen. Engine runs fantastic most of the time, and I seem to be getting g great fuel mileage, feels real strong, but I have a strange shudder, or cavitation occasionally when I ease off the accelerator and then reapply it when I'm maneuvering in traffic on the highway. Is this a sign that my damper may be bad? They replaced universal jojoints, and king pins already while they had it.
If they flashed or messed with my ecm, and I have had the mandate done, would that possibly cause timing issues, with a mandated engine, and an ecm trying to run with all the dpf, and egr stuff? Could that cause this hesitation and vibration that I'm feeling?
I would appreciate any input, you guys may have,
If you have had the mandate removed I would say if you are getting codes about your egr/dpf system then yes, they most likely updated your ecm after the Inframe which is going to cause a lot of issues with the running of the engine.
(11-04-2016 )Sasquatch Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there, Oh Great and Wise Council,
Well I am finally back up and running. It only took me 3 months of pain and anguish to get through all the B/S of working with my bank to get my engine rebuilt.. and get the truck back. And I am afraid that so.e corners may have been cut, but the guys that the bank made me use, keep telling me they did the job I wanted, and used all cummins, oem materials. They claim they replaced my oil pump, water pump, fuel pump, as well. I am afraid that they messed with my ecm, because all of the error messages in regards to the dpf pressure, egt, and dosed valve have returned to my dash readout. And when the truck is idling, periodically reves up to 1100 rpms, for a few seconds, and then returns to normal idle, as if it's trying to do a forced Regen. Engine runs fantastic most of the time, and I seem to be getting g great fuel mileage, feels real strong, but I have a strange shudder, or cavitation occasionally when I ease off the accelerator and then reapply it when I'm maneuvering in traffic on the highway. Is this a sign that my damper may be bad? They replaced universal jojoints, and king pins already while they had it.
If they flashed or messed with my ecm, and I have had the mandate done, would that possibly cause timing issues, with a mandated engine, and an ecm trying to run with all the dpf, and egr stuff? Could that cause this hesitation and vibration that I'm feeling?
I would appreciate any input, you guys may have,

BTW: As far as I know, it is ok for a financial establishment to dictate WHAT QUALIFICATIONS you have to meet for financed service work to be done as long as it falls into a generic category of their requirements (like S.A.E. certified shop etc.) within reasonable bounds. On the other hand, it is ILLEGAL for them to tell you that you can only have it done at a certain place. That would be considered loansharking.

Another similar example that I see a lot of for this, is a company that hires O/O's and leases trucks to them. It is illegal for them to hire you as a 1099 contractor and then turn around and force you to use their in-house repair shop, or their preferred repair facility only. This constitutes that you are now nothing more than an employee.

Take a good look at this sometime...
http://www.strausslawyers.com/owner-oper...oyee-test/

A clear one in your case is this one:
Example of Facts Tending to Show an Employment Relationship: Driver cannot choose his/her own mechanics, tires, fuel, or insurance. Driver cannot subcontract out his/her work.

===

As far as the truck goes...

I would get back with the person/place who put MM-2 in it last and have the ECM looked at right away. No need to blow up a fresh re-man motor just because you don't know what is going on. If not, that thing may very well put you on the side of the road when you least expect it.
Reference URL's