Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Kenworth dealer in Carlisle, PA. They are usually the best price around on Cummins parts. I didn't call Cummins distribution Harrisburg directly yet. Every now and then calling directly has gotten me better prices.
I will be checking with Rush here in Atlanta. Has anyone check with Global parts to see if they have them? How can there be remans available, but no rebuilt kit available? I could also check with new service center Cummins built in Forest Park.
I’ve found the five star dealer in Harrisburg beats Cummins dist on pricing sometimes. Got my injectors there last year for about $80 a piece less than the Cummins dist wanted.
I wouldn't go to 5 star for anything the wasn't dealership only. They are 1 of the worst thieving dealerships chains out there. Volvo and Kenworth in Carlisle almost always beat them on prices. Especially if you make them compete against each other.
I just bought a timing actuator for $800cad, I asked Cummins to swap the RX to a NX after they told me new ones weren't available and they said "I'll be damned" for $1200 I can get brand spanking new ones.
Can actuators be interchanged between different CM's? Part numbers are definitely different but would it work? What makes them different?
(12-02-2020 )DieselKid Wrote: [ -> ]Can actuators be interchanged between different CM's? Part numbers are definitely different but would it work? What makes them different?

(CM570, 870, 871 actuators) I think some of the bolt patterns are different on some of them. there has also been some updates to their design and accuracy over the years too. Might not be a good idea unless someone has no other choice.

if you replace one with a different part# and you see the fuel mileage in the dash has changed and in inacurate (to the pump gallons vs. miles) by more than a few tenths in the dash, then you will know something is likely is wrong. A comparison by viewing live fuel flow rates before and after, monitoring oil temp changes and EGT differences during some testing can likely reveal this too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's