Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Isx runs smoother and has more power before fully warm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why does my 2250 isx have more boost more power smoother sound no vibration when oil temp and water temp aren't up to thermostat. As oil gets to thermostat it seems like it changes. Less boost ruffer running vibrations below 1400 rpm. Any thoughts. I don't believe it is drivetrain.
Mine îs the other way , not to smooth until water gets to 150* and oil @ 200*
2350 though but they are broders from another mother...
(11-14-2016 )T680 Wrote: [ -> ]Mine îs the other way , not to smooth until water gets to 150* and oil @ 200*
2350 though but they are broders from another mother...

I seen in the computer that it is supposed to derate until warm but mine doesn't seem to be doing that. The water temp is 180 or better before I start on it but oil isn't up yet
The cm2250 I drive is to dam quiet. Runs smooth when warmed up.
(11-15-2016 )Jarhead79 Wrote: [ -> ]The cm2250 I drive is to dam quiet. Runs smooth when warmed up.

I wonder if the egr doesn't open until it reaches a certain temperature? It just seems happier when it is colder. Just seems odd to me.
I love how the EGR in mine makes the oil black after a few hours of run time on fresh Delo 400.
CM2250 and CM2350 engine have 11 different operating modes. It sounds like it changes modes (from cold ambient/warm-up) to City mode (yes there is highway mode too), and something gets off-key because of bad sensor feedback data, or a sticking/leaky EGR component. That is most likely what is wrong.

Could also be an injector failing and getting worse as it heats up. Do an injector leak test, etc. as well.
Reference URL's