Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Need a recommendation for a GOOD tuner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to clean up the tune for my ISX.

Let me get one thing clear...no 1000 HP junk, no one size fits all or delete everything tune. A custom tune. Priority: mileage and driveability. Less soot in the oil, that kind of deal. If I make more power as a result, so be it. It would be nice, seeing as I sometimes pull overweight loads in the mountains. Anyway, I've had a hard enough time finding a tuner for a Camaro, let alone a semi.

I'm pretty sure I can find the answer I need here somewhere.

Everyone I speak to automatically jumps on the bullydog or whatever bandwagon. I'll pass. I've had enough bad automotive tunes to know that a custom is the only way to go. Too many variables in a PCM for a one size fits all program, tuned by someone who doesn't really know how to tune, to be even half worth that risk.

So anywhere near GA, in particular, Savannah, you guys recommend?
You need to get ahold of vin. I think he could tune your motor leaving the dpf in tact. He is in the Atlanta area.
Well....you have the right attitude.
I'm sure you will get a PM soon. If not I have a facebook page called Cummins ISX Problem Solvers you can go to for some contact info.

By the way if you hear anyone promoting the big boy tunes here I'm sure the hellfire from Rawze will show up.
Unilevers or Gearhead on this forum.
Is the 485/2050 tune what 389lover needs?
Thank you. I try not to sound over assertive, but I am very picky when it comes to quality of work. I used to wrench years ago, and saw enough hacks that I gave up on it as a job and went into the army instead. The industry doesn't pay for attention to detail... it's all about speed and turnover. As a result, I do anything I can myself, and hold myself to a high standard of work, on my own cars, projects, and the truck. I even prefer building my own computers and guns when I can.

I'll follow up on some of these and see what I can get arranged. Need to make sure she's in top shape before bothering with the tune...I'm almost there.

Been taught by alot of old timers. Some things I play with. They are toys. My truck isn't my toy. I'm limiting modifications to reliability enhancing only since it's gotta work or I go broke.
Unilevers did tuning on my trucks and I would say that his tunes are near perfect, and he can customize the torque curve to your liking which is extremely cool
dhirocz as a shop owner I understand what you are talking about. I see many shop who do not care about their work. I can speak personally about VIN; Rawze; Gear head; And Unilevers... They all do great work and like spoken before Rawze will give a reall Azz chewing anything less... So I guess depending on what state you will be in someone will be able to fix your needs.
I think he needs to look at this...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...01#pid5901

and this ...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...627#pid627

and get a hold of Rawze for some advice.
Reference URL's