Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: CM 2250 Active code help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm helping a friend and checking codes on his CM2250
It is showing Code 5383 Active description "Unknown"
Can someone point me in the right direction?
He is just setting up Quickserve and doesn't yet have an active account to input his ESN to check that source.
Also, can somebody please tell me if the software version that is currently in the ECM.
Quickserve dataplate says correct version is CL10114. Current version in the ECM is CL10112.35.
CM2250
3606 CPL
W900B
550hp
1850ft/lb torque

Supposedly updated to 550/2050 ft/lb torque by PB. I doubt this is the correct Cal for this model truck, but I don't know and need help verifying.
Here is a screenshot of his regen history...
[attachment=2215]
FAULT CODE 5383
Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Particulate Filter Ash Load Percent - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range - Least Severe Level
Printable Version Printable Version
Overview

CODE REASON EFFECT
Fault Code: 5383
PID:
SPN: 3720
FMI: 15
LAMP: Maintenance
SRT:
Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Particulate Filter Ash Load Percent - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range - Least Severe Level. The aftertreatment diesel particulate filter (DPF) requires exchange or cleaning.

None.

ISX12/ISX11.9 CM2250/ISB6.7 CM2250/ISC8.3 and ISL9 CM2250/ISX15 CM2250 - Engine Control Module (ECM)
SMALL | MEDIUM | LARGE
Circuit Description

The engine aftertreatment system monitors the aftertreatment DPF restriction and accumulated mileage and/or hours. The diagnostic alerts the operator of the requirement to clean or exchange the aftertreatment DPF.

Component Location

The aftertreatment DPF is located in the exhaust system and is installed by the equipment manufacturer. Refer to the equipment manufacturer service information.

Conditions for Running the Diagnostics

This diagnostic runs when the engine is operating and exhaust flow is above a minimum level.

Conditions for Setting the Fault Codes

This diagnostic monitors the aftertreatment DPF differential pressure sensor, mileage, and/or hours accumulated in the ECM. When the aftertreatment DPF differential pressure is above a maximum value at the end of an aftertreatment regeneration, or the mileage and/or hour limit has expired, the fault code is set.

Action Taken When the Fault Code is Active

The ECM will illuminate the MAINTENANCE lamp immediately after the diagnostic runs and fails for two consecutive trips.

Conditions for Clearing the Fault Code

In order to clear the fault code, the aftertreatment DPF must be exchanged or properly cleaned and the INSITEā„¢ electronic service tool must be used to perform an Aftertreatment Diesel Particulate Filter Installation
Shop Talk

Possible causes of this fault code include:

The aftertreatment DPF differential tubes are installed incorrectly, broken, loose, or have been tampered with.
The aftertreatment DPF differential tubes are installed incorrectly.
The aftertreatment DPF differential pressure sensor is malfunctioning.
The aftertreatment DPF requires exchange or cleaning.
Excessive ash in the DPF.
your last 10 regens show that your DPF Differential Pressure are all above 2.5, anything above that number is costing you fuel and reducing your engine and turbo life, replace the can or emm emm two.
(11-20-2016 )Hedley Wrote: [ -> ]your last 10 regens show that your DPF Differential Pressure are all above 2.5, anything above that number is costing you fuel and reducing your engine and turbo life, replace the can or emm emm two.

I have never seen diff psi readings in the 10s... Wow that is extremely high and your dpf must be plugged solid.

Yes the differential pressure sensor on the dpf ever been replaced?

Has the dpf and doc ever been removed and inspected?

Any oil or coolant loss?

Has he had issues before with the after treatment system or is he just now having issues, looking at the history im guessing hes had lots of problems

Unilevers

your dpf is plugged badly - your done.

clean/replace it and go through and change all the sensors and figure out why it plugged that bad. It wont be cheap.
I gave him this website and told him to join.
I also told him to sign up for a Quickserve acct.
I advised replacing the DPF ASAP and if he doesn't join to at least watch Rawze's vids and do a thorough EGR tune up on it.
Told him to get a bypass filter on it yesterday!
And to look into getting a Chinese inline 5 and We'd help hook him up with Insite.

I've led the horse to water, it's now up to him...here's hoping
Led the horse to the water.

Lol
I love that approach

This forum isn't like most.

I think all bodies here are looking to learn and gain knowledge

I've been to other forums and their is a reason I havent left and never post on those forums
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's