Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: After treatment exhaust filter missing code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got a new check engine light today, forget the code number but it was for 'After treatment exhaust filter missing'. It hasn't been messed with at all. The regen history shows hpa readings as high as 6. My company mechanic belives the dpf is either cracked or has a hole and is toast either way because of the hpa readings. I agree with him.

The truck has lacked power since I got it but in the last week or so I can't seem to get it up to speed easily. I'm pulling 140,000lbs bit still should be better than 85kmh on a slight incline.

I was planning on removing the mandate anyways and getting @m*m^2 in there so I don't want to just throw a dpf at it.

My mechanic is pushing a big boy tune on it which I don't want for obvious reasons. Is it possible to have a tune put in remotely by one of the isx gurus here while I do the mechanical mods in my shop?

I'm parking it until I've sorted out what's exactly wrong with it, I'm going to pull the dpf can tomorrow and see what I learn there and hopefully come up with a game plan to get back to work as the downtime is costing me dearly.
The code can be caused by blocked dpf differential pressure pipes or a faulty diff. press. sensor. I've had them appear to rise and fall as if they were fine but they were reading significantly lower than the new one that were fitted. Check those out first. This would be a great time to stick @m*m^2 in.
PM Gearhead or Unilevers
I contacted Unilevers yesterday, just waiting for him to get back. I imagine he is a busy man.
(11-23-2016 )Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Got a new check engine light today, forget the code number but it was for 'After treatment exhaust filter missing'. It hasn't been messed with at all. The regen history shows hpa readings as high as 6. My company mechanic belives the dpf is either cracked or has a hole and is toast either way because of the hpa readings. I agree with him.

The truck has lacked power since I got it but in the last week or so I can't seem to get it up to speed easily. I'm pulling 140,000lbs bit still should be better than 85kmh on a slight incline.

I was planning on removing the mandate anyways and getting @m*m^2 in there so I don't want to just throw a dpf at it.

My mechanic is pushing a big boy tune on it which I don't want for obvious reasons. Is it possible to have a tune put in remotely by one of the isx gurus here while I do the mechanical mods in my shop?

I'm parking it until I've sorted out what's exactly wrong with it, I'm going to pull the dpf can tomorrow and see what I learn there and hopefully come up with a game plan to get back to work as the downtime is costing me dearly.

Driving around with a blocked up DPF can where you are starting to feel power loss too, will weaken and/or kill your injectors fast, and can cause a LOT of other engine damage too. Nothing to play with.
Reference URL's