Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: EGR plugged
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was driving about a week or so ago and CEL came on "egr plugged" went to Cummins dealer and was told might have leaky egr cooler or ports need to be cleaned. They turned cel off and i kept on driving.
2013 KW T660 475K miles.
Anyone have experience with this?
Im thinking if leaky egr cooler ill order one and install it myself.
By the way code was 3383
Went to local Cummins dealer and they said its nothing to be concerned about and to keep an eye on coolant consumption. I only added maybe a quart in past month so according to them it's not much at all. Truck runs good otherwise
I could ask my cousins grandma who has never seen the inside of a truck and get better advice than that!.

==================

START HERE --->

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=33

AND HERE >

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7

AND stop PRTETENDING you don't have an issue that will soon put you on the side of the road with engine shutdown codes at the end of a tow hook!.

Those CM2250/CM2350 engines only give small warnings and check engine lights when the system is failing,.. then after a while,... they throw a light,.. AND SHUT YOU DOWN AFTER 60 MILES!, putting you on the side of the road!.

Your first warning signs SHOULD TELL YOU THAT YOUR EMISSIONS SYSTEM IS IN DIRE NEED OF SERVICING!--

AND WHAT COMPLETE IDIOT OF A MECHANIC WOULD TELL YOU THAT A SUSPECTED EGR COOLER LEAK IS OK TO DRIVE ON!!!?!?!??!? --- PRESSURE TEST THE COOLANT SYSTEM RIGHT AWAY AND MAKE SURE THE EGR COOLER IS NOT SLOBBERING COOLANT INTO YOUR ENGINE AND DESTROYING IT!!!! --- ASAP!.

======
Go Ahead Mr. Truck driver --- Go jump over a dollar so that you can grab that next dime!.

Taking your truck to the dealerships and listening to their advice is like Batman asking the Joker to watch his back.
Reference URL's