Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Isx thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With all the powerfull engine ecm capabilities. It amazes me that not more engine systems are not controlled or monitered by computer. Things such as fuel actuators, cm871 injectors and some others I think. And that the ISX,ISM,ISB, will run until it scatters due to ecm not shutting down truck, under certain issues. And with some of the flaws of the ISX I think it is not for everyone to try and tackle the problem by themselves. A fine tuned ISX makes money, a bad ISX will put you on the street. I am very happy I drive a company isx right now.
(12-03-2016 )Jarhead79 Wrote: [ -> ]With all the powerfull engine ecm capabilities. It amazes me that not more engine systems are not controlled or monitered by computer. Things such as fuel actuators, cm871 injectors and some others I think. And that the ISX,ISM,ISB, will run until it scatters due to ecm not shutting down truck, under certain issues. And with some of the flaws of the ISX I think it is not for everyone to try and tackle the problem by themselves. A fine tuned ISX makes money, a bad ISX will put you on the street. I am very happy I drive a company isx right now.

There are several hundreds of different managers in the computer that monitor everything from live fuel flow, injection timing, final crank angles, to thermodynamics of each cylinder as it fires, to the emissions, pressure, temp, etc. and even estimates of the gas mixtures of the intake and exhaust at every given moment inside the ECM. The Cm871 engine alone has 5 main operating modes and more than 11,000+ adjustable setting in it, not even including any hard-coded programming. Most people I have met have a serious lack of understanding on how incredibly complex that a modern ECM really is. As a truck owner/driver, there is no need to even be bothered with learning it anyways... Hell, most custom tuners that have been working with them for years don't even understand 10% of what is really going on in one. Watching them and looking at their work makes them look like mice running around in the dark looking for a piece of cheese with a blindfold and nose-plug on. It is sickening how incredibly ignorant most of them really are, and they will get mad as hell and argue with you when you even attempt to be helpful and try to point them into the right direction because they are so blinded and arrogant.

They all seem to be caught up in the "I know more than you do" and/or "You can't possibly know so much because I have been doing it longer and tried everything" and/or "I have a secret I don't want to share" kind of ridiculous attitude that only serves to convert their own arrogant ego into sheer blinding stupidity if you ask me.
I'm an idiot so I'm glad I'm driving the truck for the owner right now. With his mantra of if it runs its right. And 30,000 mile oil change schedule.
"Watching them and looking at their work makes them look like mice running around in the dark looking for a piece of cheese with a blindfold and nose-plug on."

Ha ha !
Reference URL's