Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Schaeffer gear lube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone use Schaeffer gear lube for there differential, or can someone recommend a good gear lube, the truck as pretty close to 930,000 miles on it, I dont know what the previous owner as done, after the new year, I will be doing inframe on the engine. Also I would like to change the fluid in the tranny, Thank you in advance for your input. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!!!!
Tried lucas in my steer axle hubs once,.. It foamed up a lot.. even after a couple flushes just to be sure .. and it looked like crap. - I Had to go back to Mobil.

That sucks too, because I had gotten 4 gallons of it. - I ended up lighting camp fires with it.

I have more than a million on my drive line, tranny, rears, etc.

I have always used Mobil Synthetic on the gear boxes and tranny.

I am thinking I am ready for a new clutch yet? it has never been changed either .. -- but then again, the indicator says it is only worn by 45%.

I don't go 70+ mph, I go 55-60 mph the whole trucks life and keep boost below 20. - A decent oil and taking care how you drive makes the most difference I think.
Reference URL's