Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Passive regens how often.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I haul short and heavy. Sometimes idle more than drive. Hauling grain you sit in a line of 30 trucks pulling forward every 10 min then run 20 miles and do it again. My cm2350 is doing them every time I restart or use the jake. I'm sure it's full of carbon. It seems if I leave truck running it doesn't do as many ? On time it was doing it during extremely dusty conditions. Which grain dust is explosive. The inhibit switch don't seem to prevent it from doing it. Is four or five time a day excessive for this type of work.?
(12-20-2016 )Shipit Wrote: [ -> ]I haul short and heavy. Sometimes idle more than drive. Hauling grain you sit in a line of 30 trucks pulling forward every 10 min then run 20 miles and do it again. My cm2350 is doing them every time I restart or use the jake. I'm sure it's full of carbon. It seems if I leave truck running it doesn't do as many ? On time it was doing it during extremely dusty conditions. Which grain dust is explosive. The inhibit switch don't seem to prevent it from doing it. Is four or five time a day excessive for this type of work.?

I would think that it would be absolutely paramount in operations like that to own a copy of Insite and be able to do regular forced regen every couple weeks. Operations like that will also require extra measures to ensure egr and other sensors/pipes/components do not get clogged with soot too. - Waiting until you have a bunch of engine lights to do maintenance on it is waiting way too long to do something abut it.

I don't own one, so I could not comment on if that is too often, but it seems excessive.
(12-20-2016 )Shipit Wrote: [ -> ]Is four or five time a day excessive for this type of work.?

My cm2350 regens about every two to three weeks, average length of haul is around 70 miles and I've got around 140xxx and 3500 hundred hours. I try not to idle while sitting in line unless it's way hot or cold.
My past DD15 and my current DD16 in the winter time, hauling the same as you, do the following.
Almost daily: a short three minute regen at close to 1000F
Weekly : a long 2-1/2 hr 800F regen, if I'm doing a lot of short hauls that day it can take all day to fulfill.
Monthly: an intense 1120F regen for 20-25 mins.
In the summer I can go almost a month and not see any at all as the DPF temps can hit almost 800 degree climbing large hills or in strong winds so I basically get a free regen.
Yes this got more frequent when the oat dropped. I just got ins1gt but waiting on a 32 bit computer to arrive before I try it . Did some of the egr tune up and replaced IMAP sensor only. I'm looking forward to being able to learn how to use the program but in the near future I might try to implement the MM . But don't know how. We have a guy in r area that has a change with satisfied customers. He wants 4.5k . My goal would be to be able to do it that myself. But not sure if it's possible.
(12-20-2016 )Shipit Wrote: [ -> ]Yes this got more frequent when the oat dropped. I just got ins1gt but waiting on a 32 bit computer to arrive before I try it . Did some of the egr tune up and replaced IMAP sensor only. I'm looking forward to being able to learn how to use the program but in the near future I might try to implement the MM . But don't know how. We have a guy in r area that has a change with satisfied customers. He wants 4.5k . My goal would be to be able to do it that myself. But not sure if it's possible.

4.5k is absolutely ridiculous high price!. not only that but it is not MM. -- = shi#t tuning!.

I see people get it done with extreme high quality of service with gauges, custom tuning, test driving, custom turbo programming, custom torque curve prgming, extensive engine testing, thermal image scan of truck and engine to detect problems, everything stealth and runs so clean it still still passes emm. tests, no more black oil, etc.. for around 2500 for a 2350 last time i checked.

You should PM rawze, Gearhead, or Unilevers for some decent advice on what to do, or possible alternatives and solutions instead of listening to idiot who dont know bad tuining from a rattlesnake.
Your truck is doing a regen that often because your interrupting it. It's probably trying to do a regen but then you slow down to turn or come to a stop and the regen stops, when you start moving again, it start's to regen again but 5 miles you head north.... interrupted, 2 miles east...... interrupted etc etc etc

With that kind of work you don't have many options. When idling, Rev it at like 1300 to keep it warm, or shut it off and start it rather than idling, or buy insite and force a regen each night, or have the problem removed.
Today I made first contact with in site, YEAH! Ive been working on getting connected for over a month. So i decied to start the truck and play around with the program. Enabled the idle timer, sat there and waited for the truck to shut off, but never happened, anyhow I noticed my truck was doing what i call the passive regen. the program said (im going on my limitted memory of what i thought i saw) the SCR warm up was active, also it said doser was called for but valve was closed, awaile later it was open i watched my glow shift pyro climb to 500 then the engine sound shifted, boost dropped off pyro declined abit i thought the cycle was done but program said doser valve open still ???? Earlier to day i waited a hour to get my load of wheat, truck idle for this time and did 3 passive cycles durring the wait. i did 2 round trips today loaded 70 miles got 6.5 back empty trip milage up to 7 by the time i got back to load, (smile) then 6.6 end of next loaded trip then after running back empty it fell off to 6.0 by the time i got home (frown). I wounder if i have a stuck doser??? Then my lap top battery died So i turned the key off but my darn truck woundn't die, crap i must have gave my truck a virus with my cheap interface tool. Well i learned how the idle timer works now! I guess i thought it would shut off with the key on, Sorry Im still a dumb newbie at this stuff but realy want to learn how it all works.
(01-03-2017 )Shipit Wrote: [ -> ]Today I made first contact with in site, YEAH! Ive been working on getting connected for over a month. So i decied to start the truck and play around with the program. Enabled the idle timer, sat there and waited for the truck to shut off, but never happened, anyhow I noticed my truck was doing what i call the passive regen. the program said (im going on my limitted memory of what i thought i saw) the SCR warm up was active, also it said doser was called for but valve was closed, awaile later it was open i watched my glow shift pyro climb to 500 then the engine sound shifted, boost dropped off pyro declined abit i thought the cycle was done but program said doser valve open still ???? Earlier to day i waited a hour to get my load of wheat, truck idle for this time and did 3 passive cycles durring the wait. i did 2 round trips today loaded 70 miles got 6.5 back empty trip milage up to 7 by the time i got back to load, (smile) then 6.6 end of next loaded trip then after running back empty it fell off to 6.0 by the time i got home (frown). I wounder if i have a stuck doser??? Then my lap top battery died So i turned the key off but my darn truck woundn't die, crap i must have gave my truck a virus with my cheap interface tool. Well i learned how the idle timer works now! I guess i thought it would shut off with the key on, Sorry Im still a dumb newbie at this stuff but realy want to learn how it all works.
What you described is WARM UP mode not a passive regeneration. The doser you was looking at is DEF doser it dosing DEF fluid all the time engine is working.
Bad idea to poking in settings without knowledge what you are doing and for what.
HELP button will take you to best place to start with insite
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's