Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Some sound advice from a dealership
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As happens alot, I'm talking with another owner operator about our motors and he mentions that he just had Edmonton Kenworth (who are known for being a decent stealership) uprated his engine to 600 horsepower. The guy hauls 140,000lbs and the mechanic there gives him some sound advice.....

He tells him the isx loves to be ran low and builds most of its torque in lower rpm so don't be afraid to lug that engine, it's built to take it.

He didn't just tell him to let it drop down to 1300 as cresting a hill, noooooo.... he tells him with loaded b trains that it's OK to lug the piss out of your isx at 1200rpm on long grades!

I told him that's no mechanic, that's a salesman who's securing his workload.

I just can't even...................
High power and low rpm will lead to the liners fretting from vibration.. Or dropping a liner.. I'm no expert.. But I have learned a whole lot over the last couple days talking to Rawze.. It's a lot to process in a short amount of time..
(02-27-2017 )Squish099 Wrote: [ -> ]High power and low rpm will lead to the liners fretting from vibration.. Or dropping a liner.. I'm no expert.. But I have learned a whole lot over the last couple days talking to Rawze.. It's a lot to process in a short amount of time..

But Kenworth wouldn't lie.........
(02-27-2017 )Brock Wrote: [ -> ]But Kenworth wouldn't lie.........

Maybe next time you drop in at Kenworth you should take a couple of boxes of Ritz's finest for the mechanic in question. Aren't parrots supposed to like crackers?
''Edmonton Kenworth'',what can I say?
Reference URL's