Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: 09 Prostar running hot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The last thing I heard from the latest truck shop is that the bottom of the radiator is cold, and the top is hot. They told me this is not right! What is a radiator for, other than to lower heat! Said I need a new thermostat. Rawze said it should have a substantial drop! I already put a new thermostat in it
The last thing I heard from the latest truck shop is that the bottom of the radiator is cold, and the top is hot. They told me this is not right! What is a radiator for, other than to lower heat! Said I need a new thermostat. Rawze said it should have a substantial drop!
Is it possible rhat there may be a nest in your exhaust or some kind of exhaust restriction? Kind of fishy that it started doing that after sitting. And it heats up just idling.
(05-18-2017 )Mt farmer Wrote: [ -> ]That's it! On the way for a de-mandate tomorrow

Hopefully it is someone that was highly recommended on this forum. Otherwise, you will be trading one kind of problem with engine failure issues. More bad tuning/del shops than you can shake a stick at out there.
Try to change oil termostat, i know one guy hes truck was overheating , running hot and turns out to be oil termostat. Changed that by himself and heating problem was gone. So you can try that. Lets us know.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's