Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: I found the Ambient Air Temp Sensor! 2008 ProStar...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(06-03-2017 )mikealike Wrote: [ -> ]I might be a noob here but where does it display at on the 11 Prostar? I've owned this one and never seen a temp display, thanks

It should be on your instrument cluster, the small LED screen that displays your mileage. It should be in the bottom left corner of that screen.
(06-03-2017 )Waterloo Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2017 )mikealike Wrote: [ -> ]I might be a noob here but where does it display at on the 11 Prostar? I've owned this one and never seen a temp display, thanks

It should be on your instrument cluster, the small LED screen that displays your mileage. It should be in the bottom left corner of that screen.

I will take a look, thanks
I have a 2010 prostar, and have never seen a temp display on the screen. It is going 5 years that I have this truck. Maybe that is why I have AC issues every year?
(04-18-2018 )74bassman Wrote: [ -> ]I have a 2010 prostar, and have never seen a temp display on the screen. It is going 5 years that I have this truck. Maybe that is why I have AC issues every year?

Could very well be... It is tied into the AC system if you look at the schematics.
Would that also be the reason I haven't seen the temp on the screen?
(04-18-2018 )74bassman Wrote: [ -> ]Would that also be the reason I haven't seen the temp on the screen?

It could be, or possibly something else, will have to look at the schematics. The wiring on these things is right out of a bad Frankenstein movie. Your ABS and Jake run through your compass, no telling what the temp sensor runs through... Probably the blinker fluid control unit. ;-)
since when is there a compass on this truck??
It’s in your fuse panel, in the passenger side dash.... 2 screws hold it in, black plastic thing... Above fuses, in lip of dash, 2 torx screws. I’ll show you tomorrow, bring case of Heineken. ;-)
It is going have to wait, maybe I can run by there on Friday am. I found this sensor right where you said. Now I'm scared to cut wires to make it fit up on the windshield cowl.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's