Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Isx cm2250 exhaust gas pressure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What should you expect to see from and is cm2250 at idle for exhaust gas pressure?
This truck is also making a chuffing noise during a parked Regen.
"Cuffing" is not normal at all and destructive to the turbo.

Possible causes come to mind ...

* bad sensors like the IMAP, EGR, or Exhaust BP sensor.

* Excess back-pressure on the exhaust system (clogged DOC, DPF, SCR, decomp-tube etc.).

* EGR valve not operating correctly, or EGR circuits/ EGR delta-P tubes clogged.

* CAC leak making the turbo over-spool just to keep up.

* turbo out of calibration.

* Wrong program in engine because someone tried to up the power incorrectly.

==

EGR tune-up, removal of all the cans and inspect their faces, inspect decomp tube for blockage, replace old sensors. That is a good start.
Dpf is new, all sensors (imp, egr diff, barometric pressure, and egr orifice pressure and exhaust pressure were replaced in November. I had another thread about this truck and replacing those 5 sensors seemed to fix that issue. I put a new turbo actuator on the truck because I got a vgt fault ten times, that went away. The truck makes it about two hours or so before it requests another Regen.
(05-05-2017 )dslmchnc Wrote: [ -> ]Dpf is new, all sensors (imp, egr diff, barometric pressure, and egr orifice pressure and exhaust pressure were replaced in November. I had another thread about this truck and replacing those 5 sensors seemed to fix that issue. I put a new turbo actuator on the truck because I got a vgt fault ten times, that went away. The truck makes it about two hours or so before it requests another Regen.

If all that has been done, I would tend to think it may be either bad feedback data, bad delta-P sensor for DPF, or a bad/cracked DPF. Something it telling the engine that it is clogging up. Check the face after it starts complaining and see what it looks like.

Pull the DOC and DPF and have a flow test done and make sure it passes.

Maybe post a pic of the regen history and other data too.
How many of these "New" DPF filters have been reported here that are not quite that new, or properly cleaned? Seems there are more than a few "New" filters out there that are junk. This appears to be a common situation with some of shops. They are replacing these DPF DOC filters with inferior units, not cleaning them properly, or not even changing the filters and just charging the customer. Same can be said with these fuel pumps and ceramic plungers. How many owners were told the plungers were steel, only to take the unit apart and find ceramic? Again, a common "issue".

I would check the DPF filter, or better yet, get rid of the damn mandate.
I like Rawze's ideas -turbo out of calibration, and -CAC leaking. You mentioned you replaced the turbo actuator, I don't know but is that one of the parts that requires an update to ECM to function correctly. I was reading on quickserve one day and saw a bulletin about certain parts, that when replaced, because of a change in the part's design or functionality, may require an ECM updAte depending on your current calibration. If the turbo actuator fell into this group it may not have calibrated the turbo properly when you installed it with insite?? Just a shot in the dark, but maybe. What percent is it commanded and what percent is it actually closed when you force a regen?
A CAC leak or other intake leak could cause chuffing and an exhaust leak before the DPF can cause more frequent regens. Just some ideas, hope it helps.
A trip to gearhead, unilevers, Mr.Hag , have it solved for goo.
I'm actually having the same problem. Chuffing turbo during regen. I had a code once for exhaust gas pressure but it went away and has not come back. DPF is new installed by Cummins. EGR diff pressure sensor is new, IMAP is new. I'm not sure what else it could be. It's doing regens twice a day or more.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's