Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Prostar ac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(06-14-2018 )74bassman Wrote: [ -> ]They did evac the system. I did replace the high pressure sensor. It doesnt ice up just stops running. I can shut the truck off for 30-45 sec start back up, and it runs.

Does the fan turn on when pressure goes up? I’d also would check the high pressure switch connector for corrosion might be giving that sensor a bad reading.
I can't even get the compressor to turn on, I'll try replacing the expansion valve in a few hours.
AC is fixed, it was a busted wire in the harness to the high pressure switch. Had to take it to the dealer, they found it with the computer. They charged the system, no die, no nothing. I thought it was cold when I left Rawze's, now I'm freezing water in ice cube trays on the dash.
The fan does kick on, and runs.
(06-15-2018 )74bassman Wrote: [ -> ]The fan does kick on, and runs.

Yep, now compressor and fan both work as they should. That broken wire had the system in a fault situation. Nothing showing up on my end via the in truck diagnostics. But, when the Diamond Logic software was hooked up, it showed Chris right where to look. He fixed the wiring and charged the system, knock on wood it will continue to freeze me out of the cab. One thing I did tell him, was do not put any of that dye in there, he said no problem. My thinking, and experience, is that the dye just gums up the system. Last time I tore this thing apart I think there was three pounds of dye in the system and no R134A. And don't forget to move that ambient temp sensor. Removing the die and moving that sensor are the only things that I have found guarantees ice cold air out of these nightmarish ProStar AC systems.
I did move the ambient sensor, hut not to the cab yet. There is no die in mine
The infamous thermistors and the blend door actuators can be setting faults. Also the body controller is monitoring the amp draw from the compressor clutch. You really need DLB to narrow it down.
(06-15-2018 )kmk Wrote: [ -> ]The infamous thermistors and the blend door actuators can be setting faults. Also the body controller is monitoring the amp draw from the compressor clutch. You really need DLB to narrow it down.

You can test the thermistors with an ohm meter, Rawze has that in his video. BUT, with some things, Diamond Logic (DLB) is necessary to discover issues in this system. I hate going to the dealer, but sometimes it is just less expensive than throwing parts at this ridiculous AC system.
The chinese sell diamond logic on ebay and there are other sources for it too. Stop relying on stealerships for anything but odd ball parts. Even then i give google a good hard search before I donate money.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Reference URL's