Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Wf 2126 coolant filter with shell red coolant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rawze. I discovered to day that the wrong coolant filter was on my reman engine for the coolant I run. I use red coolant from shell and my engine had wf 2126 filter on it for 25000 miles . I changed filter to wf 2127 no additive today. My question is did the DCA. Chemical in the 2126 filter hurt my red coolant or damage engine. ?
(06-04-2017 )little john Wrote: [ -> ]Rawze. I discovered to day that the wrong coolant filter was on my reman engine for the coolant I run. I use red coolant from shell and my engine had wf 2126 filter on it for 25000 miles . I changed filter to wf 2127 no additive today. My question is did the DCA. Chemical in the 2126 filter hurt my red coolant or damage engine. ?

Just use a test strip on it and make sure it is ok. Not sure what dca will do to it myself, I have seen others make the same mistake on occasion and it not seem to hurt it.

I never leave the coolant in my truck for more than 2 years or 400k miles myself even if it tests good. I am paranoid that way nowadays after the whole waterless coolant debacle of the past that I wish I never did.

BTW: you are supposed to be using the WF2127 filter with red coolant.. and not the 2126 that has additives in it.
Thank you. Ya I change coolant every couple years also. This coolant was new with engine last fall. Thank a bunch.
Can red coolants of different brands be mixed ? I noticed fleetguard coolant says on jug ethylene glycol, local parts store sells Valvoline zerex but it says organic something on it .

The fleetguard jug states it can be mixed with most coolants, while the Valvoline product doesn't mention any mixing.
(03-25-2023 )amermextrucker Wrote: [ -> ]Can red coolants of different brands be mixed ? I noticed fleetguard coolant says on jug ethylene glycol, local parts store sells Valvoline zerex but it says organic something on it .

The fleetguard jug states it can be mixed with most coolants, while the Valvoline product doesn't mention any mixing.

mixing coolants incorrectly can lead to gumming, and/or liner issues. It is not recommended unless there is a manufacturers statement as to what it is compatible with.

Also;;; coolant filter WF2127 should be used with ELC red.. and not the WF2126 water filters.

here is some similar posts...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid18365

and some info on different types of coolants...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid21642
Reference URL's