Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Who can tune this thing right?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
2011 kw t660 cm2250 13spd 3.55 rears
De-mandated and vgt deleted. (And before y'all flame me for deleting the vgt, it deleted itself....)
Who out there can tune this monstrosity to where it runs close to right, not like a over fueled and over turbo'd 4bt....?
(06-14-2017 )Bighorn1 Wrote: [ -> ]2011 kw t660 cm2250 13spd 3.55 rears
De-mandated and vgt deleted. (And before y'all flame me for deleting the vgt, it deleted itself....)
Who out there can tune this monstrosity to where it runs close to right, not like a over fueled and over turbo'd 4bt....?
OMG!!! He's found an Autobot that found itself infected and purged itself!

What do you mean by "it deleted itself"?
Has the VGT failed, seized actuator, or was purchased this way?
Or did you have this done while you were desperate with issues before you found the light?
(06-14-2017 )Bighorn1 Wrote: [ -> ]2011 kw t660 cm2250 13spd 3.55 rears

Another brainwashed victim. Sad indeed.

This comes to mind...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid14766

and the hard road to recovery...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid14781

For the likes of me, I can't seem to figure out why so many people do such horrible things to the piece of equipment that is supposed to make them their living with.
"Deleted itself" meaning it ate itself. And believe me I wish I had found this forum before I did away with the vgt and sent the ecm to be reprogrammed.....
At least he found the light. So many wander in darkness listening to $130/hr so called certified mechanics and some asshat with a Fancy name claiming they can fix his problems. I know buying a 5k $ turbo sucks but these new engines with their fangdangled ecu and injection systems (like the common rail in that 2250) dont run right without them. I personally would go get my vgt manifold a turbo and actuator, bolt it on and have one the tuning guys put @m*m^2 on it. Not sure how much they can really help you without the vgt.
I still never understand why people are dragged over the coals around here for fitting a fixed geometry turbo and removing the vgt . The only engine that actually needs a vgt to run better is one with egr/dpf. Cummins still bring the Latest Cm2250 into this country without a VGT for a reason. It's purely a matter of opinion which turbo is better and for anything working hard the Vgt is junk . I wonder if the people that saying the vgt is the only way to go have ever actually run their truck without out one to do real comparisons.
I'm guessing that you run Australia's outback and your engine stays at a fixed rpm when running?

Only from what I've read on this site; an engine that constantly stays at the same rpm like one powering a ship or a generator do not require a VGT. If you're doing a lot of shifting, starting, stopping, changing speed then your engine will run more efficiently with one.

I'm sure Rawze's blood pressure went up reading that one.
I'm not advocating for no one on this topic , but every EXPERIENCED driver , shifting an 13 or 18 speed MANUAL transmission can and will keep the RPM at the sweetest spot , whatever that mean . Go ahead and try that with 10 or automatic.... . Doesn't matter what country you're. Everything is a trade of!!!

Rawze's blood boils over a butchered trucks , not because VGT is better than fixed vane .
The information is out there . People need to read and understand the pros and cons. Then make the right decision.

That's all . Apologies to anyone who get offended.
The reason we need VGT turbo here and you need a fixed vane there is the engine loads. Over there you guys pull heavy and require high engine loads the majority of the time. Here we see an average of 30% engine load so we don't need all that air being rammed into our intakes. We require varying amounts of air here and the VGT gives us better low end response a d a more powerful engine brake than a US truck without one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's