Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Front gear cover gaskit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have isx 15 2250 my front gear cover gasket starts to leak ... is there any procedure how to change it. any video reference ?
Start by finding out why it started leaking? -- Recently serviced? -- or excess crank case pressure?-

When is the last time you replaced the crank case filter? - Those things can cause a lot of damage to the turbocharger and/or cause gaskets and seals for the engine to leak and fail in various places when not changed regularly.

I thought mine was starting to leak but it was the rubber plug . Put a new one in and it dried up. By the time the fan moved it around it looked a lot bigger than it was. I know that's too simple minded but it was a lot better than I had aright to expect.
(06-17-2017 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]Start by finding out why it started leaking? -- Recently serviced? -- or excess crank case pressure?-

When is the last time you replaced the crank case filter? - Those things can cause a lot of damage to the turbocharger and/or cause gaskets and seals for the engine to leak and fail in various places when not changed regularly.

Crank case filter was changed 4 months ago .... i checked pressure it was 0.1kpa ......I do oil service regurarly 14 to 15k mikes ... one thing I notice it leaks more when cold start engine as engine gets warmed up it gets less ....
(06-18-2017 )5022 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought mine was starting to leak but it was the rubber plug . Put a new one in and it dried up. By the time the fan moved it around it looked a lot bigger than it was. I know that's too simple minded but it was a lot better than I had aright to expect.
Where is that plug located
(06-19-2017 )jesseisx15 Wrote: [ -> ]Crank case filter was changed 4 months ago .... i checked pressure it was 0.1kpa ......I do oil service regurarly 14 to 15k mikes ... one thing I notice it leaks more when cold start engine as engine gets warmed up it gets less ....

That reply throws up some red flags for me.

0.1kpa < -- What is it at full engine load?

How old is engine? How much blow-by does it have?

4 months ago?-- tells me nothing of the mileage or how saturated that filter might be.

You are aware that a lot of guys do away with that filter as their engines get older for just the reasons you are having issue with. Here is one reference...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376
Reference URL's