Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Bad injector testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You can pick up a cheap uv light kit at any auto part store, usually around the a/c area
Ok thanks everyone for the great info. If I don't see anything under the valve cover, where do i look to check if it's the gear pump?
It leaks into the head from the drivers side just past the midpoint. It is driven by the injector camshaft. All fuel leaks that get into the oil come from the head area. Unless it's leaking from a injector tip that is.
(07-13-2017 )kmk Wrote: [ -> ]Uv light if necessary. Disconnect the supply hose to the ifsm from water separator and submerge it in the bucket.

Won't this introduce air into the system when I take it out of the bucket and screw it back on the fitting?
(07-27-2017 )tree98 Wrote: [ -> ]Won't this introduce air into the system when I take it out of the bucket and screw it back on the fitting?

Yup, so does replacing the fuel filter. The electric fuel pump is your friend towards purging the fuel system after working on it.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's