Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Rear nox sensor removal tips?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any tips or tricks to remove rear nox sensors? Thanks
What are you having difficulty with? The actual sensor itself? If so cut the wires off and use the box end of a wrench, not sure if you can find a deep enough socket??

What kind of truck is this?
(07-24-2017 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote: [ -> ]Any tips or tricks to remove rear nox sensors? Thanks

The sensor comes with the little electronic box it plugs into. You have to remove both together.
Having difficult wrenching it out. Tried spraying wd40 a couple of times. It's on there good. I'm scared to cut the wires and not be able to take it off.
I don't have one on my truck but whenever I do an O2 sensor I spay wd40 hit it with a chisel on the outer side and heat it up with a propane torch and just work it
(07-24-2017 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2017 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote: [ -> ]Any tips or tricks to remove rear nox sensors? Thanks

The sensor comes with the little electronic box it plugs into. You have to remove both together.

Make sure you DON'T cut the wires from the sensor!!! Cummins is now charging for a core for the sensor....If you cut the wires to get at the sensor using a deepwell socket..your core is KAPUT!!!
Reference URL's