Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: CM871 losing power
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everybody! I do own an ISX CM871 2009, and I am experiencing a problem for awhile , the engine its losing its power after ecm reprogramming. It's currently running on maybe mm? not sure? . It will run strong for about 4000 mi then the power will decrease to about 70% . I had it reprogrammed a few times and it does the same thing after a while. I did check turbo and all clamps for boost leak and everything looks fine. I did replace the imap sensor and exhaust back pressure sensor and havent noticed any changes. I also had replaced all injectors 3 months ago. The engine runs smooth. There is no active codes. Boost will get to a maximum of 32psi and the exhaust temperature it will be between 670-750° driving 62-65mph. If anybody had such a problem please tell me how you got it fixed. I did take it to 3 different shops and no one knows what's wrong with it. Thank you!
You had the ECM reprogrammed? By whom? And how do you know you are running THE @m*m^2 program, who installed that? Sounds like another bad tune. More info please. And these shops you have taken it to, did they upload anything to the ECM?
(09-09-2017 )Waterloo Wrote: [ -> ]You had the ECM reprogrammed? By whom? And how do you know you are running THE @m*m^2 program, who installed that? Sounds like another bad tune. More info please. And these shops you have taken it to, did they upload anything to the ECM?
The guy that had the ecm work done told me that is @m*m^2 . He works at a shop Grayslake,IL. These shops I took the truck to did not touch the software.
The weird thing is that truck does just fine for a short time after ecm is being reprogrammed, then power is decreasing .
What else did he do to the truck, prior to the MM? Were you there and observing? I did my own in my driveway, 2 years ago and have had nothing like you speak of. There are more than a few guys stating they are using the MM, and are not. And than the CPL file, do you know if that was done properly? The correct CPL file? Do you have an Inline reader with Insite? That will tell the story if you do. If you don't, get one.
I have tried a different program before I had this one and it did the same thing, it did run pretty decent for a week and then had the same issue , power loss.
Sounds like you have a bad delete. Do you know which CPL file that was used?
(09-09-2017 )Waterloo Wrote: [ -> ]What else did he do to the truck, prior to the MM? Were you there and observing? I did my own in my driveway, 2 years ago and have had nothing like you speak of. There are more than a few guys stating they are using the MM, and are not. And than the CPL file, do you know if that was done properly? The correct CPL file? Do you have an Inline reader with Insite? That will tell the story if you do. If you don't, get one.
I was there when he did install the m*m^2 second and third time. I dont know what he did with that CPL file. And no I dont have an inline reader.
Sounds like a silent derate, something is not right. Do you have an Inline reader to see what is going on in the ECM? If not, you really need to get one. My off the top of my head guess is that you have the wrong or corrupt CPL file in there. That is where I would start, but you will need that reader, especially if you want someone here to help you.
(09-09-2017 )Waterloo Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a silent derate, something is not right. Do you have an Inline reader to see what is going on in the ECM? If not, you really need to get one. My off the top of my head guess is that you have the wrong or corrupt CPL file in there. That is where I would start, but you will need that reader, especially if you want someone here to help you.
Can you throw a link like where do I get it? Thank you!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's