Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Cm870 code 2272 egr position sensor voltage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New code came up today on my cm870. 2270 which looks like egr position sensor low voltage or short. Don't even know where I should start with this one. Google says replace egr valve....wgat do the great minds on rawze.com say?

I've checked connectors and followed wires to the harness. There are two sets if wires one for the stepper motor one for the position sensor. Truck is not de mandated and all the sensors have been recently cleaned.
I just had a code on my 60 series for intake temp sensor high and another for intake temp sensor voltage erratic or low.... replaced the sensor for 20 bucks and it's good to go.
One test you can try; grt a small thin tin clip or a 60ohm resistor (60 cuz it works in the low coolant sensor harness and sensors all work in the same voltage range) and short the harness (plug). Check for continuity in other words. This will isolate (hopefully) your problem to either the wiring or the sensor. Or, if you have another truck with that sensor in it, try swapping for testing purposes. Maybe it works maybe not but it just a time investment,tnx
Turn the key on, jump the plug contact pins, have someone look at your dash cel.
Thanks guys, Trucklogger that is a good test just to see if I can get the code to go away. I'll probably be replacing the sensor.....but it will be nice to isolate the wiring first.
Reference URL's