Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Injector tests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Before I removed the mandates from my 2250 the dealership said I had a misfire in injector 3. Since removing that I haven't had a code pop up. Today I had time to run some tests. First was the leak test in 60 seconds I lost 100psi so good there. I then performed the cutout cylinder test. They all sounded the same. I did both of these tests following Rawze's YouTube video. I then went to the performance test. Got to the third test on cylinder 1 and it stopped claimed I had unstable fuel pressure. Decided to do it again and 1-5 cylinders passed all 4 tests, got to cylinder 6 and it passed tests 1&2 and shutoff. This time it said "The ECM has determined that there are conditions that can damage the engine or prevent the test from functioning properly. The ECM will not start the injector performance test.". Just curious on what to do next. If it's just a glitch in software or if I do have an issue.
(09-26-2017 )Fergie Wrote: [ -> ]Before I removed the mandates from my 2250 the dealership said I had a misfire in injector 3. Since removing that I haven't had a code pop up. Today I had time to run some tests. First was the leak test in 60 seconds I lost 100psi so good there. I then performed the cutout cylinder test. They all sounded the same. I did both of these tests following Rawze's YouTube video. I then went to the performance test. Got to the third test on cylinder 1 and it stopped claimed I had unstable fuel pressure. Decided to do it again and 1-5 cylinders passed all 4 tests, got to cylinder 6 and it passed tests 1&2 and shutoff. This time it said "The ECM has determined that there are conditions that can damage the engine or prevent the test from functioning properly. The ECM will not start the injector performance test.". Just curious on what to do next. If it's just a glitch in software or if I do have an issue.
How is fuel actuator test? Is actuator switching with some delay when you hit button open/close on the computer?
How many miles is on the truck?
(09-27-2017 )marek4792 Wrote: [ -> ]The 2250 and 2350 doesn't have actuators like Cm871/870 does. How many miles is on the truck?
570k. It turns out one of the service managers at the fleet I bought it from belongs to another forum I'm on. He told me when it came to be known about the issues with the ceramic plungers they had Cummins come in and change them all. I still plan on rebuilding it in November after it slows down from harvest.
I would try change the fuel pressure and temp sensors if you haven't already, you might get good data now but still wouldn't hurt and confirm that indeed the fuel pressure is unstable. Same with the hi pressure relief spring, it could be holding pressure when the engine is off, but when running probably relieving pressure too quickly.
marek4792 Wrote:
The 2250 and 2350 doesn't have actuators like Cm871/870 does. How many miles is on the truck?
There is fuel actuator on the rear of fuel pump to control fuel pump pressure and flow. ECM cycling actuator to increase or decrease amount of fuel for plungers to regulate pressure.
(09-27-2017 )snailexpress Wrote: [ -> ]marek4792 Wrote:
The 2250 and 2350 doesn't have actuators like Cm871/870 does. How many miles is on the truck?
There is fuel actuator on the rear of fuel pump to control fuel pump pressure and flow. ECM cycling actuator to increase or decrease amount of fuel for plungers to regulate pressure.
Would that be EFC actuator override test?
(09-27-2017 )Fergie Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes. I have time now will take video. Interesting to compare.
(09-27-2017 )snailexpress Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2017 )Fergie Wrote: [ -> ]
Yes. I have time now will take video. Interesting to compare.

A video would be great. Just to make sure I did it right. If I did it right there was no delay it switched instantly on rare occasions it was delayed by about a second.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's