Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: 2011 peterbilt 386 replacing turbo-actuator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Going to take off my first turbo and replace with new turbo. Actuator already installed and pre-calibrated. Part number 3767306. Got one coming from MI. Paid 2,700.00
Been watching all the utube videos by Rawze. Already did my EGR tune up! Thank you Rawze!
Any last advise or info before the cussing begins lol.
Anything would be appreciated.
A trip to Mr. hags and get it de-mandated lol.
What he said^^^

Who is selling a "pre calibrated" turbo and actuator? And both for $2700.
It would have to be both, you can't calibrate the turbo or the actuator without having both parts to assemble.
I highly suggest you have that setup recalibrated, I would have a real hard time trusting this.
If you believe that , you don't need a turbo for your truck .Hell I sell you a truck that gets 25 mpg pulling 140,000 lbs up a 13% grade ,
Lol yes I know I am a jerk
(09-28-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote: [ -> ]What he said^^^

Who is selling a "pre calibrated" turbo and actuator? And both for $2700.
It would have to be both, you can't calibrate the turbo or the actuator without having both parts to assemble.
I highly suggest you have that setup recalibrated, I would have a real hard time trusting this.
Alamo Industries in Edmonton said they do that when they rebuild one, they wanted my actuator to calibrate it after they rebuilt my turbo and they would send it ore calibrated back to me.

Unfortunately mine was too far blown for them to do, they can't get certain parts as they are actually a dealer so they can't use knockoffs.
I was not aware of that. Although now that we both have Insite, I'm pretty sure we'll both take the DIY option for personal satisfaction...
You can get turbos pre-calibrated with the actuator already installed on them. -- Only problem i have is that $2700 price tag for BOTH a turbo and an actuator pre-assembled. Something does not smell right about that cheap-o stink-o price tag,.. and you can bet it is likely chineese knocokoff or re-man that is not going to hold up past the warranty.
(09-28-2017 )the missing link Wrote: [ -> ]If you believe that , you don't need a turbo for your truck .Hell I sell you a truck that gets 25 mpg pulling 140,000 lbs up a 13% grade ,

Well I do apologize , I dint think that was possible .
(09-29-2017 )the missing link Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-28-2017 )the missing link Wrote: [ -> ]If you believe that , you don't need a turbo for your truck .Hell I sell you a truck that gets 25 mpg pulling 140,000 lbs up a 13% grade ,

Well I do apologize , I dint think that was possible .

Its all good. I prolly make more mistakes on here than anyone lol.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's