Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Low fuel pressure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fault code 482 Fuel Pressure Low

Fired right up this morning. Ran 10 minutes (drove up to the front of the lot), turned it off and had breakfast. Came out cranked for 10 seconds, no fire. Turned key off then on, fired second crank.

Drove 45 minutes up the road. Check engine light came on. Then it quit completely, managed to get it parked. Popped the hood, fuel water seperator was empty, turned the key on watched the fuel water seperator fill up with fuel, it restarted, I drove 50 feet and it quit again, fuel water seperator is empty again.

That's the fault code that came up and I can't see where to read fuel rail pressure using Powerspec. Mobile tech is on his way now but I'd like to be able to diagnose this stuff myself.
And now for some reason the fuel water seperator isn't filling up from the lift pump.
I think it just ran out of fuel. The LH tank is empty but the RH still is over 1/4 full, gauge was reading around a 1/4 tank.

Is there a balance valve I need to look at replacing?
When mine sucked the passenger tank dry it was trash that got sucked up into the suction line in the tank. I unhooked the line from the diverted valve and blew through it and a piece of orange rtv silicone came out. Being there is no rtv sealant on my tank all I can presume is someone dropped it in there.

That could be your issue or the vent is plugged, the stand pipe has a crack in it at 1/4 tank level (not likely). Yes the diverted valve could also be bad but on my prostar it's equalized by pressure in the tank. The diverted valve on mine is nothing but a restrictor as the return fuel has to go through small metering holes to help keep the pressure to each tank equal.
Reference URL's