Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: CV50638 Replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've searched every word I can think of and don't get what I'm looking for.

A few months ago you guys found a "permanent" replacement for the crankcase breather that had no filter inside, just a hole on the side (if my memory serves). My breather (filter) is full again, so I wanted to switch to the one that never needs replacing.

BUT I CAN'T FIND IT!!! HeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllLlllllllp!
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=390

Part# 3691476 - Maintenance Free Crankcase Insert
Thanks, Bill! You da man.

So I've been shopping anywhere I can think of online for this and can't find it. I did find in Bill's link another link to another thread where it shows where to drill the holes. I also found in that thread a Baldwin part number CV 15000. I'm able to find that one, but not sure if that's what I need to do.

So, can you guys help me find the Cummins filter, or verify the Baldwin will work just as well, or tell me to just drill some holes already?
Cummins dealerships should have it,it's where I bought mine ,a bit more expensive than the regular but maybe cheaper on the long run
(09-30-2017 )DrivingZiggy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, Bill! You da man.

So I've been shopping anywhere I can think of online for this and can't find it. I did find in Bill's link another link to another thread where it shows where to drill the holes. I also found in that thread a Baldwin part number CV 15000. I'm able to find that one, but not sure if that's what I need to do.

So, can you guys help me find the Cummins filter, or verify the Baldwin will work just as well, or tell me to just drill some holes already?

No problem.

Cummins shops should carry the inserts. However, they may still be trying to get rid of their old filters and may not have the inserts in stock. If there is a Cummins shop close to you, I would call and order that exact part number. I think they are around $90.

Or, if a Cummins shop is not easily accessible to you, and you feel like saving $90, drill a 1/2 hole in the top side of the old filter and never have to worry about it again.
(09-30-2017 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]This post comes to mind...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376
(09-30-2017 )Billdozer2 Wrote: [ -> ]No problem.

Cummins shops should carry the inserts. However, they may still be trying to get rid of their old filters and may not have the inserts in stock. If there is a Cummins shop close to you, I would call and order that exact part number. I think they are around $90.

Or, if a Cummins shop is not easily accessible to you, and you feel like saving $90, drill a 1/2 hole in the top side of the old filter and never have to worry about it again.

Starting to look like I'm'a be drilling.
Reference URL's