Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: The last emissions related purchase for this truck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, my reman DPF filter from cummins lasted a whopping 2 months...

I never had soot warning with the old one, just lots of regens. Since I'm not using oil or coolant I'm guessing it's cracked. Headed home now, will post pic tomorrow.

I have a BRAND NEW(cummins) one on order and if anything goes wrong with this crap again, it mm for me. Don't ask me why I want this crap to work like it's supposed to(paranoia?)
Sorry to hear about the reman only lasting 2 months. If your thinking about MM anyway, I would cancel your order for the new one and head for GA. I dont know what kind of deal they gave you, but the last time I looked a NEW dpf was $2300-$2500?? Just MM it and be done!!! I think you will be alot happier!
(10-11-2017 )JMBT Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to hear about the reman only lasting 2 months. If your thinking about MM anyway, I would cancel your order for the new one and head for GA. I dont know what kind of deal they gave you, but the last time I looked a NEW dpf was $2300-$2500?? Just MM it and be done!!! I think you will be alot happier!

The fuel mileage gains alone will pay for it in no time. Plus with mm there is not really anything intrusive done to it that cannot be easily reversed. New dpf and doc, new delta p, remove 1 bolt and it's back to stock.

On another note, your dpf is new but what about the doc?
Brother, you are just setting yourself up for more pain and heartache. It is like being in love with a hooker, it never works and you are always left holding the bag. Take a trip to Georgia and be done with this.
I'll definitely be looking at the DOC again also. Pain and suffering are all I have to remind me that I am human. Even empty I only got 300 miles(62mph) before the soot alarm came on again and it was doing a regen for the last 200 miles. I still live close enough to LA that the future could have me going there on regular basis, I'm giving it(emissions) this one last chance.

On another note, could someone who is capable of remote tuning please contact me([email protected] 480-621-0865) I've heard rumors of tuning that would possibly help with the emissions equipment installed. The truck seems to be running rich/sooty since I've had it ~125K and this is even more noticable at higher altitudes. I have replaced the ambient pressure sensor and it's reading only slighty higher than the one I replaced it with(old-24.5@~1100' above sea level and the new one reads 27).

HELP!

Thanks
(10-11-2017 )fargonaz Wrote: [ -> ]I'll definitely be looking at the DOC again also. Pain and suffering are all I have to remind me that I am human. Even empty I only got 300 miles(62mph) before the soot alarm came on again and it was doing a regen for the last 200 miles. I still live close enough to LA that the future could have me going there on regular basis, I'm giving it(emissions) this one last chance.

On another note, could someone who is capable of remote tuning please contact me([email protected] 480-621-0865) I've heard rumors of tuning that would possibly help with the emissions equipment installed. The truck seems to be running rich/sooty since I've had it ~125K and this is even more noticable at higher altitudes. I have replaced the ambient pressure sensor and it's reading only slighty higher than the one I replaced it with(old-24.5@~1100' above sea level and the new one reads 27).

HELP!

Thanks

Something does not sound right there at all. Even on a truck that will not regen at all, it takes about 2-3 weeks for a perfectly clean DPF to clog up enough to make dpf back-pressure alarms. I say pull the DOC and DPF off and take pictures of their faces and see how "sooty" they are if they are alarming out after only 300 miles.

Have you replaced the Delta-P sensor at the dpf? -- Cleaned the tubes out feeding it> -- replaced the rubber ends that connect them to the sensor?

How fast does it come up to temperature once the doser starts to spray when you do a forced regen?
I talk about that kind of stuff during this video...

Early Feb is when I did the tune up 02/04/17. Replaced all the sensors and cleaned the duct.

Has always taken about 15 minutes from an operating temp engine, 8-10 if it has already started dosing when I force it, goes to ~1000, DOC goes from 650 - 695. Since it started acting up the temp differential between inlet and outlet has gone from from 20 deg. diff to 80-100 deg. It usually tops at out ~1200 outlet and 1190 inlet.

I've save every session with the recording option(forced regen mostly) since I've been using the ecm adapter(Jan. or Dec.) They don't all have the same data points but all have the inlet and outlet and DPF differential.

I don't have a screen shot just some .csv files that it won't let me upload.
(10-12-2017 )fargonaz Wrote: [ -> ]Early Feb is when I did the tune up 02/04/17. Replaced all the sensors and cleaned the duct.

Has always taken about 15 minutes from an operating temp engine, 8-10 if it has already started dosing when I force it, goes to ~1000, DOC goes from 650 - 695. Since it started acting up the temp differential between inlet and outlet has gone from from 20 deg. diff to 80-100 deg. It usually tops at out ~1200 outlet and 1190 inlet.

I've save every session with the recording option(forced regen mostly) since I've been using the ecm adapter(Jan. or Dec.) They don't all have the same data points but all have the inlet and outlet and DPF differential.

I don't have a screen shot just some .csv files that it won't let me upload.

s your saying the regen process goes form 650-ish to 1100 in how long once the doser kicks in?. The doser kicks in at 10 minutes past the start of the regen btw.

if it is getting to temp fairly quickly, then the back side of the DPF reaching 1100+ soon after, then the DPF is not clogged up.

When you installed the new filter, did you do a "new filter Installation" reset in Insite to go along with it?
I did the insite filter reset when I replaced it last time.

The cleaner of the 2 pictures is the DOC outlet, the DOC inlet has a perforated plate in front of the element, but it is covered in a thin layer of soot just like the inlet to the DPF. The DPF outlet if perfectly clean.

Top: DOC outlet
Bottom: DPF inlet
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's