Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Location of blend door actuator on a prostar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, can someone tell if theres one or two of the climate door blend actuator on a prostar i found one underneath the bunk, I went to the dealer to buy it and the one they give me it looks totally different from the one in the truck so I didn't get it until I take this one off and take it to dealer I just wanted to make sure if there's more than one or just that one?
the front and rear are different part numbers. priced the one for the bunk and its higher than the one up front.
Try trucker ac, you an search by part no and is way less than stealer prices.

Dave
There are two actuators up front in the dash, one in the sleeper. The two up front are located in the dash directly in front of the passenger seat mounted on the left side of the black AC box. There is one that is easily visible once you pull that bottom interior trim panel off, the other is about four inches behind that one, and six inches straight up close to the firewall. You need to be a bit of a contortionist to get to it, but it is doable. The one in the sleeper is easily reachable, and to me it looked identical to the two up front. If you replace one up front, trust me replace them both at the same time. I replaced one, and it wasn't two months later I was back in the dash replacing the other one.

You will need a Torx bit to take them out, I forget the number, and there is not much room to work under there. The one up by the firewall in my truck had two Torx screws holding it in, the one closest to the floor has three Torx screws holding it in. I think it was a #4 or #6 Torx bit.

There is a set up procedure to install the actuators on the ProStar. I forget what it is, but the actuators had to be cycled before mounting. If you google search the info it is out there, or the dealer can get it for you. The actuators are much cheaper on the internet vs the dealer. The ones in front of the cab are the same part number, I do not know about the rear but it again looked identical to the front units. The actuators are controlled by your cab controller, so I see no reason that they would be a different part #.

You can buy the actuators on Ebay and Amazon. Dorman is the manufacturer. http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-604-5107-In...c+actuator

Verify the part numbers with the dealer, but I believe this is the one you need. I put three of these in, but bought from the dealer. Like I said, I believe they are all the same unit. I just walk in and ask for an actuator and they go to a box and grab one. But again, verify this first with the dealer, that sleeper one may be different than the one I have in my 2008.

Hope this helps.
Ok thank you my fellow forum members Nilao,8042,Waterloo for the great info I will be on the works to change em all at once, the guy at the stealer was all confused I guess when I told him that the one he was giving me wasn't the one I was looking for and he also told me that was only one for that truck which I didn't believe because of the big cab on this prostars it's always good to get second opinions right? Thanks a lot guys have a nice weekend!!!
There are 3, the one on my truck is easiest to access from the engine compartment as there is a removable panel in the filter box outside on the engine side that gives direct access to that outside air door actuator. then the blend door actuator that controls the air temp is on the box behind the cover below the fuse panel....then the one in the sleeper.
I work on a Fleet of IH 4400 day cabs, there are three motors, 2 under the dash, Blend and function, with the third under the hood, this is your inside outside air door it uses a different electrical plug than the other two, the one I change most often is the function motor, the plastic sleeve tends to break on these, I recently learned a cheap trick to extend the life of these little buggers, it seems the spring clamp for your 3/8" coolant lines fits these perfectly adding a bit of support the the sleeve.
Thanks!
I have a 2010 lonestar. I am constantly getting fresh air in through the cab vents. Is the inside/outside air actuator located on the firewall under the hood? I am sure this is the problem but I am not exactly sure of the actuator location. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's