Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Volvo clutch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone know about Volvo clutch adjustment. It seems right but clutch break won't work intermittently. Clutch feels like it isn't disengaging. Truck will creep at stop light. Hard to get out of gear also. I'm gona look at it and see if I can figure anything out. Any advice appreciated thanks.
I'm pretty sure Volvo clutches are hydraulic and self adjusting. I'm thinking you need to have the clutch checked for wear.

Unilevers

did all your little truck horsepower's eat your clutch up? is it a mechanical linkage or a hydraulic clutch? ive seen both on volvo's.
All 04 and newer volvo’s I have seen have the hydraulic over air slave cylinder. There is no adjustment on it, it either works or it doesn’t. There maybe be some adjustment on your clutch. If it is a Solo self adjusting clutch, sometimes the little wedges get stuck and won’t let it adjust. There is a procedure you can look up to reset it. It involves caging the clutch housing and tripping the wear indicating lever. Also measure the gap between your throwout bearing and clutch break, should be 1/2”, I think, when pedal is released.
If you need the slave cylinder the Volvo part number is 20857740, and they run between $800 and $1000, depending on which dealer you get them from.
(10-23-2017 )Unilevers Wrote: [ -> ]did all your little truck horsepower's eat your clutch up? is it a mechanical linkage or a hydraulic clutch? ive seen both on volvo's.
I don't think it's hp related. It was fine. Then I had a wheel seal go out so I take it to a shop. Some big corn feed manager won't let me pull it in the shop so he does. Then I leave after truck is fixed. Clutch it to leave normal, then get to destination then clutch break is just not working. Then it works. Yesterday I had to turn off engine to get in gear. Clutch engagement feel like it is right hight. I'm wondering if the corn feed manager wreaked the clutch brake. Maybe just coincidence. If hp wreaked clutch wouldn't it be slipping.
Magard: just thought of something else, could be the you need to bleed the hyd clutch system. Air in the system could limit the throw of the cylinder when you push in the pedal.
Looks like clutch break is still ok. Looks like maybe adjusting manually.
(10-23-2017 )JMBT Wrote: [ -> ]Magard: just thought of something else, could be the you need to bleed the hyd clutch system. Air in the system could limit the throw of the cylinder when you push in the pedal.

If you pump the pedal it doesn't change. Usually air in hydraulic clutch will get better throw when pumped. I'm going to get someone to push on it while I watch. I'm wondering about the pivot point on the throw out bearing rod. Seems like that could give intermittent problems.
Seems like too much clearance on throughout fork.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's