Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Cm2250 injector test fail...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I did the injector test on insite and fuel pressure dropped about 9,300 psi in 60 secs. I did it a couple times and same results. My fuel rail pressure is also jumping up and down all over the place. It also takes a bit to climb up to 28-30 psi and stay there. It will climb up to 28 and drop rapidly without even turning key off and starting test. What's my next step? I'm thinking that's y I'm getting that up and down idle at start up... fuel mileage is 7.3 to 7.5. Thanks guys in advance.
Replace the fuel actuator on the fuel pump. If your pressure fluctuates alot that actuator is bad or going bad. Its what controls the fuel supply.
Yeah fuel actuator is oem painted red still so I'll do that. Thanks starlight!!
Pressure relief valve at the front of the rail leaking is a common one too.
(01-24-2018 )Starlight Wrote: [ -> ]Replace the fuel actuator on the fuel pump. If your pressure fluctuates alot that actuator is bad or going bad. Its what controls the fuel supply.

Update! Replaced fuel pump actuator and passed fuel leak test only lost 3,400 psi in 1 min. Thanks starlight!!!
(01-26-2018 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2018 )Starlight Wrote: [ -> ]Replace the fuel actuator on the fuel pump. If your pressure fluctuates alot that actuator is bad or going bad. Its what controls the fuel supply.

Update! Replaced fuel pump actuator and passed fuel leak test only lost 3,400 psi in 1 min. Thanks starlight!!!
You have something else doing bad in fuel system. Pressure on my engine stays almost same for hours.
(01-26-2018 )snailexpress Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2018 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote: [ -> ]

You have something else doing bad in fuel system. Pressure on my engine stays almost same for hours.

It goes from 29,100 to 25,600 and stays there doesn't drop after 1 min. It shouldn't drop at all? What else can be wrong?
Dropping off only that much and then stopping is normal. A perfect system couldnt hold 29k psi. The best ive seen is 9k overnight so you got nothing to worry about.
(01-26-2018 )Starlight Wrote: [ -> ]Dropping off only that much and then stopping is normal. A perfect system couldnt hold 29k psi. The best ive seen is 9k overnight so you got nothing to worry about.

Cool thanks starlight.... started to panic there...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's