Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: ISX 475 oil leak
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(02-06-2018 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2018 )s53s Wrote: [ -> ]...
he used after market rings and sleeves not from cummins they are quite popular down here because of pricing...

After-market rings an d sleeves are never as good as factory components. Tolerances are not as good and materials are not either. That is why they are so cheap. I would never do that in an engine that I cared anything about. Jump over a dollar to save a dime.
Noted with thanks,
Fuel consumption way to high for 30-40 tons . Unless it’s constantly driving steep uphill or stop and go all day long. 4,47MPG . Oil pressure isn’t bad at all 38psi . What is at idle ?
Just curious.
You said WATER temperature. Do you meant to say antifreeze/coolant ?
741295 mls is about half lifespan for this engine (when is taken good care of).
Yeah .... about this aftermarket parts . Not a good decision.
Let’s see what’s the boost under full load and EGTs.
(02-06-2018 )Wiseman Wrote: [ -> ]Fuel consumption way to high for 30-40 tons . Unless it’s constantly driving steep uphill or stop and go all day long. 4,47MPG . Oil pressure isn’t bad at all 38psi . What is at idle ?
Just curious.
You said WATER temperature. Do you meant to say antifreeze/coolant ?
741295 mls is about half lifespan for this engine (when is taken good care of).
Yeah .... about this aftermarket parts . Not a good decision.
Let’s see what’s the boost under full load and EGTs.
Thank you Wiseman
My apologies as I'm having to learn some of this terms used in trucking , at idle the pressure is 268kpa the fuel usage is stop and go what would be the ideal consumption the driver sent me a pic of a diesel leak on the diaphragm on the inlet side of the engine today , by water I meant coolant.
That is...well I’m speechless. It needs to be cleaned and fixed ASAP. You’re never going to find the leak with it that wet.
Leak or not, That is the nastiest looking engine I have seen in a while -- I would suggest a power-wash and some basic TLC too. Those photos point towards a seriously neglected piece of equipment. If you would have showed up over here at my house with it that nasty and neglected, I would have run you off to go get it power-washed and steam cleaned first.
S53S , I’m puzzled. First you wrote oil pressure at 265kpa max and now you said 268kpa at idle . That can’t be possible , unless oil sensor or oil gauge gives a false information.
This nasty thing on picture looks more like an oil than fuel . Either case is in desperate need to be cleaned. Smear some on paper and see what it smells like.

Here @ Rawze’s you’ll learn fast and most importantly THE RIGHT WAY, so you can distinguish easily right from wrong.

Naahhh .... Rawze isn’t gonna run you off . He just gonna send you to wash it really good before he help you. He’s nature is like that . If he have the power, he can help everyone that ask . As long they listen , learn and don’t play smart ass .
The only problem I see is , you really gonna have hard time wrapping your truck in suitcase and fly from South Africa to Atlanta international .
Thank you Wiseman I will confirm the readings again via pics, @ Rawze all comments received with gratitude I wash the engine every week when the truck comes back using a 250bar pressure washer myself , I sent the pic to show you the leak, I came on the forum for help because the leaks are irritating me being a first time owner I don't expect sympathy though lol! The stuff does smells like diesel. I really wish I could send the engine there or get a recon , I'm sure I'll get all the help I can from this platform thank you guys!
(02-06-2018 )Wiseman Wrote: [ -> ]S53S , I’m puzzled. First you wrote oil pressure at 265kpa max and now you said 268kpa at idle . That can’t be possible , unless oil sensor or oil gauge gives a false information.
This nasty thing on picture looks more like an oil than fuel . Either case is in desperate need to be cleaned. Smear some on paper and see what it smells like.

Here @ Rawze’s you’ll learn fast and most importantly THE RIGHT WAY, so you can distinguish easily right from wrong.

Naahhh .... Rawze isn’t gonna run you off . He just gonna send you to wash it really good before he help you. He’s nature is like that . If he have the power, he can help everyone that ask . As long they listen , learn and don’t play smart ass .
The only problem I see is , you really gonna have hard time wrapping your truck in suitcase and fly from South Africa to Atlanta international .
Hi Wiseman,
I asked around about fuel consumption frim other owners and the best I heard from guys down here was 2,3km per litre on Cummins and 3km per litre with Scania. I noticed Rawze on a video saying he gets up to 3.7km per litre what could be the cause for such a huge difference
(02-13-2018 )s53s Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Wiseman,
I asked around about fuel consumption frim other owners and the best I heard from guys down here was 2,3km per litre on Cummins and 3km per litre with Scania. I noticed Rawze on a video saying he gets up to 3.7km per litre what could be the cause for such a huge difference

As per this post...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid23206

9.487 MPG = 4.03 kml. (google 'mpg to kml' converter).

It is because I drive slow (88-96 kmh), I drive in a way that maximizes fuel mileage, and my truck is set up + has programming designed for maximized fuel mileage above all else.

There are a lot of old posts on this forum where people discuss better fuel gains. Here is one that came up in a search ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid17230
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's