Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: bad turbo or bad guage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok I got my turbo and new actuator on and it has 450 miles on it.I noticed sometimes when just mintaining speed and giving ita little pedal ,say 10 lbs boost if I let off .Sometimes the guage ill stick on its way down to zero.It always seems to stick or hesitate around 2,3,4 lbs mark.Now If I step on it to say 30 lbs and then let off it always goes straight back to 0lbs.Stuck guage???I hope??
What vintage of truck? I've been looking at CM2250s and cannot find a nylon boost line coming from the engine. Do the newer engines have electronic boost gauges that run off MAP sensors?
(03-10-2018 )flonly Wrote: [ -> ]ok I got my turbo and new actuator on and it has 450 miles on it.I noticed sometimes when just mintaining speed and giving ita little pedal ,say 10 lbs boost if I let off .Sometimes the guage ill stick on its way down to zero.It always seems to stick or hesitate around 2,3,4 lbs mark.Now If I step on it to say 30 lbs and then let off it always goes straight back to 0lbs.Stuck guage???I hope??

if you have an after-market gauge that has an air line, you could always use an air blow-gun to loosely feed a few psi into the hose and see if the gauge is getting sticky. Just don't exceed the psi rating of the gauge so that it does not damage it.
thanks rawze it is a glow shift installed at mr haggs.So you dont think there would be any reason the tubo itlelf would cause the guage to do that.My main concern is the 3900.00 turbo
(03-10-2018 )DLC Wrote: [ -> ]What vintage of truck? I've been looking at CM2250s and cannot find a nylon boost line coming from the engine. Do the newer engines have electronic boost gauges that run off MAP sensors?
DLC it is a 2008 with demandated cm 871.It has factory guage run by imap but also a glowshift guage
(03-10-2018 )flonly Wrote: [ -> ]thanks rawze it is a glow shift installed at mr haggs.So you dont think there would be any reason the tubo itlelf would cause the guage to do that.My main concern is the 3900.00 turbo

My Glow Shift boost gauge does the same thing sometimes, only at 10psi and below.
I don't think they use highest of quality mechanisms in their gauges. Either the spring is weak, or the pin path connecting the movement to the bourdon tube link isn't real smooth causing it to hang in the low pressure area.
flonly .....If you think you can swop it out Ill ship you another one to see what it does. I know its a long trip back up here.....You will have to reconnect the wires and the air line it self but not that big of deal if you want to try it.
Reference URL's