Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Owners manual
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi team first time on forum, not sure if this is the correct category. I have a 2012 volvo and a 2011 isx cm2250. Would like to start doing my own greasing on the truck. Having a hard time finding material on how to find all the grease points if anybody could point me in the right direction!!
probably won't find any grease zerks on your motor. As for your Volvo chassis, contact a dealer about an owners manual, but you can start by getting under your front end, look at all your steering components, anywhere there is a connection there will be a grease fitting. Don't grease them until the rubber boots explode!! just a few pumps and you should see the boot inflate a little, STOP there!! You'll have a grease fitting on your throw out bearing if you have a manual trans. that one could be tricky to find if you've never greased a truck before. each U-joint will have one, don't grease those to death either. each S-cam tube and slack adjuster will have a fitting. You can definitely overgrease things and cause damage so take it easy.
Volvo are basically the same as any other truck. Like tree98 said above...

Steering
suspension
slack adjusters/brakes
throw out bearing on transmission
slider on fifth wheel? through some of that grease on your fifth wheel plate also.

I don’t think there is one manual fits all when it comes down to it. Let us know if you do come across something.
Good question because Volvo is special animal.
First special things U-joints are not greaseble. Same about drive shaft splins.
Do not use moly grease on slack adjusters. When greasing S-cam put piece of cardboard inside the drum under s-cam to prevent grease on brake.
King pins must be greased top and bottom.
All points from driver front side -
1Front spring pin left and right
2 Drag link front
3 King pin (top and bottom) left and right
4Steering shaft U-joint
5Drag link rear
6Toe rod left and right
7Rear sprig pin left and right
8 Rear spring hanger pin left and right
9Throw bearing
10 Slack adjusters
11 S-cam brackets
12 Fifth wheel
Some information about Volvo you can find here https://volvotrucks.vg-emedia.com/
Reference URL's