Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Injector leak test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Damn! I'm sorry buddy I was having the total opposite changed an actuator & it went away , try posting it on the isx or ask your question, the lil bit I've learned I've learned here... I used to b a yellow under hood only guy
(04-13-2016 )Peterbilt387 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,i have a PETERBILT 387 with isx 2008,i did the leak test and i found between Aand B bubbles, i replaced injector number 3. Everything fine,i was driving the truck for a pick-up and back to my yard,i left the engine to idle for 3 minutes and start shaking the engine and worst then befor to replace the 3th injector. Did again the leak test and i got bubbles again but now i didn't bar it to find out exactly witch one is leaking.when i did the first time leak test it was leaking only between A and B.thank you in advance

It may be that you changed the wrong injector. Don't know for sure, waiting for knowing guys
Hello all, new member here, just wanted to mention the tool that Cummins recommends for the injector leak test is a manometer, you can make one cheap using 1/4" vinyl tubing and it would make even small air leak noticeable when the water height changes in the opposed columns, Google DIY manometer
(04-21-2016 )Wolff956 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all, new member here, just wanted to mention the tool that Cummins recommends for the injector leak test is a manometer, you can make one cheap using 1/4" vinyl tubing and it would make even small air leak noticeable when the water height changes in the opposed columns, Google DIY manometer

There a few guys making them on here for other members... They are not cheap if bought from Cummins, that is for sure.
Now my truck runs good,i ended to replace all 6 injectors cuz i found out 4 of them were leaking.
(04-22-2016 )Peterbilt387 Wrote: [ -> ]Now my truck runs good,i ended to replace all 6 injectors cuz i found out 4 of them were leaking.

A six pack! Cheers!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's