Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Insite HP upgrades
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have purchased Insight Pro and have found many usefull videos and information here, however I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to find hp upgrades from either INCAL or whatever is best on these ISX engines. I have a CM2250 with CPL 3719 looking for 550HP 1850 torque.
I believe a 3719 is a 450 hp cpl. And will keep u from safely downloading a factory 550hp cal file. Imo ur best bet would be to have one the tuner guys on here demandate it and customize a torque table for u if ur trying to get more power.
(09-23-2018 )fatbedsv77 Wrote: [ -> ]So I have purchased Insight Pro and have found many usefull videos and information here, however I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to find hp upgrades from either INCAL or whatever is best on these ISX engines. I have a CM2250 with CPL 3719 looking for 550HP 1850 torque.

First, if your considering alternate Incal files, you need to read this article carefully.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1&pid=1#pid1

Some programs, even within the same CPL are not compatible on all trucks. PM or post your ESN number (engine serial#) and the CL100??? program that is in it now and it can be looked up / researched properly.

Assuming for a moment that you have a CPL3719 engine and matching program in it, I can tell you that there are no programs available through Insite/Incal at all that are above 450hp/1750trq.

I did a full comparison of all programs avail through Incal that are above 1750 torque to that CPL. In every single case, it was a matter of the style/type of injectors, their fuel flow and major quantity differences, etc. that are incompatible. I.E.> It is your injectors and other components and their proper mappings that make all of the other factory ISX programs above 1750 trq or higher HP incorrect. The engine would not run quite right and some harm will come of it down the road even if you did find one that "seems somewhat ok".

Your only real option for that CPL engine to get it above 450HP or 1750 torque is to have it adjusted by some (myself, Unilevers, Mommaburt, Mr. Hag) to properly set the 15 or so torque/power tables properly from within the program that is already in it. YES, it can be done easily enough, demandate or not.

The real question though is WHY so much torque?. Increasing torque always shortens the engine lifespan by making it work harder no matter how it is done. Next is the fact that most trucks with that CPL engine in them only have 1650 clutches and other components in them. That would be another issue all in itself. -- Why not re-gear the rears if it is not performing adequately for your intended task?. That would be the proper solution actually without sacrificing engine lifespan and it simply costing you more in operating costs. There is the rare exception but simply "upping the hp/torque" is almost always a poor business decision at best. this is because someone wants to go up a hill a bit faster, or wants to sling around 80,000 lbs a bit harder at the cost of the engine life and the trucks longevity. -- Not the smartest thing to do at the cost of problems down the road they usually can't afford. The proper solution is to start by re-gearing the back-end FIRST if the vehicle does not meet the intended needs. Simply put ... A truck with 600HP and 3:36 rears is no match for a truck with 450HP and a set of 3:90's. The 600hp truck is simply wasting fuel and demanding the most wear onto its most expensive component (the engine) trying to compete.
(09-24-2018 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]<snip>...Simply put ... A truck with 600HP and 3:36 rears is no match for a truck with 450HP and a set of 3:90's...

I don't know why most drivers can't grasp this simple concept?

I only have 550/1850 pulling 180ish thousand pounds, and it works fine.
The guys I know that have 600/2050's pulling the same weight can't pull with me, It's all gearing.
I have 3.36 with isx 425hp 10 speed trans. I want to go to 3.58 or 3.73. Whats the process of that switch? Only mechanical or also something needs to be done with the ecm
There is a picture of my engine. Can u tell me if i can tune it. Thank you
Ps: im not to familiar with mechanic and stuff,
(10-08-2018 )Steen Wrote: [ -> ]I have 3.36 with isx 425hp 10 speed trans. I want to go to 3.58 or 3.73. Whats the process of that switch? Only mechanical or also something needs to be done with the ecm
There is a picture of my engine. Can u tell me if i can tune it. Thank you
Ps: im not to familiar with mechanic and stuff,

If your looking at factory compatible programs with different HP settings, they are listed here...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1&pid=1#pid1

To answer your question -- When someone changes rears out to different ratio, a person needs to use Insite to adjust it in the engine computer so that the engine can report the correct speed.
Reference URL's