Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: ISX-15 pushing coolant from pressure cap on reservoir tank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. Everyone.
Isx-15 mandated, def-egr 640k miles.

About 7 months ago coolant started coming out my reservoir tank (pressure relief cap) got to the shop, it was tested coolant had gas, so head was removed tested turned out to be a bad head. Got a new head from cummins (5k) all new seals and gaskets, drove good for 7 months maybe like 50k miles or less and my last trip coolant started to push out again. BUT... only when building pressure for example heavy loaded and going up the hills for a good while coolant will drop half tank , when i stop and open the cap,, pressure exits the tank and coolant goes back to normal... another issue, my 2nd tank that has pressure relief cap usually empty, but this time it was full of coolant, so i noticed if i add more it over flows and blows it all out, so i stopped filling the 1st tank because when i drove on straight roads and for long the coolant would travel back to 1st tank and stay level. Another hill comes up and again same issue, coolant goes back n forth between tanks or out the cap... in about 2k miles i put in 2-3 gallons of coolant and i did spill some because i had my fill cap looose for pressure to exit but sometimes it was to much and coolant wouls come out...

I went back to the same shop that did work, 2 weeks at their shop and they could not find any issues, i dont know if they full of it and dont wana do warranty work or really didnt find any issues...

Any help really appreciated.
When they replace the head, was the liner height measured. This would be a good question for the repair shop.
They told me that everything checked out good, but if i wanted to do a rebuild another 6k and they would redo my bottom end, which he said doesnt need any work, i told the mechanic to check my liners and everything, they told me it was good, but what messurements or what not it was im not sure.
Odds are you fretted a liner. These shops say they did this and that and never do... Been there and done that. Hopefully that new head of yours is not scored.
Have you checked your air compressor if it's not pushing pressure to the system?

Unilevers

your pushing coolant. It blew a gasket again. This is EXACTLY what they do when they are just starting to go. You will find one small trace in the lowest spot to a coolant passage. if there is any coolant in the 2'nd tank, your pushing coolant

Take it back there and tell them to pull their heads out of their asses and diagnose it properly. Isolate the turbo and air compressor (i doubt it because your issue is load related like all the gasket issue). Pressure it up to max pressure and pull the pan and let it sit and find the cylinder where it is. It is there i guarantee it - i hope they cut the bores the first time but it sounds like they didnt.

diagnosing gasket failures isnt hard! im sick of professional shops spending days not finding something that can be found in 4 hrs max! i feel the pic of the pink dildo coming from rawze very soon!

uni
(12-06-2018 )JP57 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Everyone.
Isx-15 mandated, def-egr 640k miles.

About 7 months ago coolant started coming out my reservoir tank (pressure relief cap) got to the shop, it was tested coolant had gas, so head was removed tested turned out to be a bad head. Got a new head from cummins (5k) all new seals and gaskets, drove good for 7 months maybe like 50k miles or less and my last trip coolant started to push out again. BUT... only when building pressure for example heavy loaded and going up the hills for a good while coolant will drop half tank , when i stop and open the cap,, pressure exits the tank and coolant goes back to normal... another issue, my 2nd tank that has pressure relief cap usually empty, but this time it was full of coolant, so i noticed if i add more it over flows and blows it all out, so i stopped filling the 1st tank because when i drove on straight roads and for long the coolant would travel back to 1st tank and stay level. Another hill comes up and again same issue, coolant goes back n forth between tanks or out the cap... in about 2k miles i put in 2-3 gallons of coolant and i did spill some because i had my fill cap looose for pressure to exit but sometimes it was to much and coolant wouls come out...

I went back to the same shop that did work, 2 weeks at their shop and they could not find any issues, i dont know if they full of it and dont wana do warranty work or really didnt find any issues...

Any help really appreciated.

YOUR PROBLEM IS THAT YOU TAKING IT TO A BUNCH OF COMPLETE F398KING MORONS!!!!!!!!!

--- EVERY SINGLE TIME I HAVE EVER SEEN A BAD HEAd gasket it ==== liner problems!!!!... i don;t care if they measured them like the idiots they are,... THEY WASTED YOUR TIME AND A LOT OF YOUR MONEY HALF-ARSSE REPAIRING IT AND NOW YOUR SUFFERING AS A RESULT.~~~

THAT THING NEEDS TO BE PROPERLY PRESSURE-TESTED AND THE PROBLEM FOUND -- IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE --- THOSE F$CK-TARDS ARE JERKING YOU OFF WITH IGNORANCE!!! AND THAT IS WHAT YOU GOT THERE!.

HERE IS THE PINK DILDO FOR YOU -- BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU GOT WHAT YOU HAD THEM DO THE WORK THE FIRST TIME!!!

[attachment=4469]

--- Like others have said,... eliminate it as being the turbo and air compressor, to be sure, but your descriptions are EXACTLY the signs of a bad head gasket BECAUSE THE A-HOLES DID NOT COUNTER-BORE THE DAMNED ENGINE AND REPLACE THE LINERS WHEN THE HEAD WAS OFF THE FIRST TIME LIKE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO!!!.

Drop the pan and put 20 PSI on the coolant system over night. Bar the engine the next day and check for a few drops of coolant off the liners/pistons.
The truck is at the shop ( different shop ) they going to pull the head off and go from there, i will update you all on end result... I should of brought the truck to rawzeee,,, I went empty from FL to TN tru atlanta
I had a similar issue with water being pushed out of the expansion tank. Turned out to be a rolled injector seal. Fuel was being pushed into the water causing the overflow. I did 20,000km before the fuel reached the water filler neck and the fault was diagnosed.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's