Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: New Herd Defender Moose Slayer Bumper...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, I did it, bought a bumper... Had it installed today. I think it looks pretty cool! And as many of you will wonder, how heavy is it? I figure around 400 - 500 lbs... I weighed the truck after the install, and I know... Bob tail, 1/2 tanks, steers 12,360, drives 9,000... And you can feel it... 12,000 lb axle from the factory, I'll see what it is with the trailer on next week when I go back to work. Worst case, I throw a 14,000 lb axle on, already priced out. Cost, roughly $4,000 after discounts from Raney's out of Florida. Dropped shipped from Winnipeg, took two days to get to Detroit area. A new OEM bumper, which mine was trashed, was darn near $4000, and I did need a bumper. Here are some photos...

[attachment=4538]

[attachment=4540]
Nice my Magnum bumper for my Lonestar should hopefully be here in 2-2.5weeks cant wait to get rid of my deer rearranged bumper.
(12-27-2018 )Lonestar10 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice my Magnum bumper for my Lonestar should hopefully be here in 2-2.5weeks cant wait to get rid of my deer rearranged bumper.

The reason for the bumper, running quite a few two lanes up here in Michigan, deer carcasses everywhere... My buddy here at the same company just smacked a doe a few months ago in his old Cat powered T600 with the steel bumper... Took out his radiator, CAC, fan, grill, bumper and the driver side steer tire... He beat out the fender, two new steers, CAC, radiator, fan and found a junkyard grill to throw in... Hood is a mess, cost him $10,000 + and down time. $4000 is cheap insurance. I do have $80,000 under that hood.
yeah i got lucky the buck bowed his head right before i smucked him at 60 with a full load of lumber only smashed up the passenger side of bumper and cut the pass steer tire with edge of bumper.

went and priced out new bumper and pass side brackets $4000 and $525 for new steer...Magnum moose bumper custom made for lonestars 350lbs of a aluminum $4350 kinda no brainer at that minimal difference.
(12-28-2018 )Lonestar10 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah i got lucky the buck bowed his head right before i smucked him at 60 with a full load of lumber only smashed up the passenger side of bumper and cut the pass steer tire with edge of bumper.

went and priced out new bumper and pass side brackets $4000 and $525 for new steer...Magnum moose bumper custom made for lonestars 350lbs of a aluminum $4350 kinda no brainer at that minimal difference.

It is a no brainer... Cheap insurance. And you will feel much better going down the road... I know I do... And I just got her home. ;-)
I've been lucky. I've hit several deer with my T800. I have a tow/light bar in the tow hook brackets. It has smoked a few and the corners of my bumper has had to be straightened a couple times.
Waterloo, you will love it when you do hit a deer with it and just drive away..
i have a aliarc on my truck and i'm 13 and 0 in my fav. not even a headlight lost .LOL. had it for years,mostly back roads in WY and MT..
where deer just jump out of the ditch right in front of you and you got no choice but to go straight at um or turn into a ditch or into a stone wall...
Looks great. plus you will find cars don't cut in front of you as much, but some still will. LOL :)
Looks good Waterloo. Hopefully you don't have to find out how good it works for a while.
Thanks's guys! Yes, I am in no hurry to test it out, LOL!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's