Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Oil analysis help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there I have a 2012 isx cm2250 with 962k on it I just changed the oil and all the filters today and took a sample to my local speedco and had it tested. My question is what are some things I should be looking for on the results and what is considered high or low any guidance will be greatly appreciated. im planning on doing rod and mains and a demandate in the spring and just wanted to make sure everything else inside is in decent shape I'll post the results as soon as I figure out how to get the picture from my phone to my CPU
962k that's great! Has the truck been inframed?
(01-09-2019 )SIDE_SHOW Wrote: [ -> ]...
took a sample to my local speedco and had it tested.

complete waste of time. Send it to a real lab instead of sticking it into a quick-check(quick-scam) machine.
(01-09-2019 )flatbed94kid Wrote: [ -> ]962k that's great! Has the truck been inframed?

Not to my knowledge I bought the truck with about 925 on it and have no history on it
(01-09-2019 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2019 )SIDE_SHOW Wrote: [ -> ]...
took a sample to my local speedco and had it tested.

complete waste of time. Send it to a real lab instead of sticking it into a quick-check(quick-scam) machine.

I realize that their machines aren't always the most accurate but today that's all I had the time to do I wasn't near any where to get the one that you send in and the one I requested never came...
Here are the results i know it may not be accurate but does anything look alarming? They put that the weight of the oil was 5w30 and that I had an mbe motor but that shouldn't effect what the results say
It says lead is at 61 iron at 40 chromium<2 aluminum<2 copper 2 tin2 those are the wear metals and soot is at 1.7 and that oil has been in there quite a while the dealer told me they changed the oil but today found out they did not and it was about 50k on the oil all they did was filters
(01-09-2019 )SIDE_SHOW Wrote: [ -> ]Here are the results i know it may not be accurate but does anything look alarming? They put that the weight of the oil was 5w30 and that I had an mbe motor but that shouldn't effect what the results say

complete waste of time. Those damn machines are almost always so contaminated with thousands of oil samples that they usually don;t even read the wear metals even halfway close to right.

The speedco down the road form me goes out of their way to clean the hell out of their machine and do all things correctly and was still is whacked every time they have tried it on my oil. -- I gave up on those things.

Only thing they are good for is if you got a severe coolant leak into the oil,.. it MAY,. and i say MAY kind of find it, but usually not if it is a slow leak.

that is my, and several others I have seen experience with them so far,.. Just saying.

Go get pre-paid oil sample kits that you can send off yourself to a real lab.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's