Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Elusive vibration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a vibration/shake under a load at around 20 psi boost at around 1300 RPM. If I down shift and bring the RPMs up, it smoothes out. As soon as I let off, it’s gone. Sometimes accelerating up to 28-30 psi boost it’s gone/can’t be felt. Just replaced all 6 injectors due to age, and hoping this might go away. Could this be caused by dirty/worn fuel or timing actuators?
Idles smoothly but shakes a bit at 11-1200 rpm.
Rear motor mounts are one-year-old. Fronts are original.
Crankshaft dampener is about three years old.
Driveline has all been gone through.
933,000 miles.
2010 CM 871
May or may not be your troubles but just sharing this...

When mine did that, it was the rear most u-joint on the rear axle. It Would only vibrate at certain boost range in certain rpm range. Felt like something in the engine ... Wife swore it was the turbo, I said clutch or driveline. Told her to have it looked at as she was already on the roads ,.. a week later, this was the result...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid15827
(01-17-2019 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]May or may not be your troubles but just sharing this...

When mine did that, it was the rear most u-joint on the rear axle. It Would only vibrate at certain boost range in certain rpm range. Felt like something in the engine ... Wife swore it was the turbo, I said clutch or driveline. Told her to have it looked at as she was already on the roads ,.. a week later, this was the result...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid15827

I definitely remember that. But...I have a new jackshaft, 2 new rear diffs, all new yokes, carrier and balanced (as one piece, not separately). Boy oh boy! I don’t know.
at 900+k, has the rod and main bearings, etc. been done? Not likely a cause of vibration your describing, just mentioning it too.
(01-17-2019 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]at 900+k, has the rod and main bearings, etc. been done? Not likely a cause of vibration your describing, just mentioning it too.

Inframed 330.000 miles ago.
(01-17-2019 )Mrkentee Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2019 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]at 900+k, has the rod and main bearings, etc. been done? Not likely a cause of vibration your describing, just mentioning it too.

Has the overhead valves been adjusted since the inframe?
(01-17-2019 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2019 )Mrkentee Wrote: [ -> ]

Has the overhead valves been adjusted since the inframe?

Yes. I just replaced all six injectors because they were all original. And thought maybe it had something to do with this. No change. It does idle a little better
Throw in new Cam and Crank sensors and see if that helps, they are the same part# and inexpensive. Prior to my in frame at Rawze's, mine had similar issues. Sounded like gravel under the floor board but only at certain RPMs. But, I had all of the wrong parts under the hood, along with worn bearings from what looked like a dry start.
(01-17-2019 )Waterloo Wrote: [ -> ]Throw in new Cam and Crank sensors and see if that helps, they are the same part# and inexpensive. Prior to my in frame at Rawze's, mine had similar issues. Sounded like gravel under the floor board but only at certain RPMs. But, I had all of the wrong parts under the hood, along with worn bearings from what looked like a dry start.

Might be worth a try. I wonder could an unbalanced brake drum cause this, and how would you check it?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's