Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Drive wheel stuck locked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello fellas,
Just run in to a problem with my 2008 volvo 670, the truck was parked during a few day rain storm and I went to start it and the front left drive wheel was stuck locked, I tried jerking it back and forth and it wouldn't budge, brake chamber rod was moving just like on the rest of the drives, did this happen to anyone?
Not sure if the pads welded tham selfs or is it something else?
I checked for codes and one came up and won't erase
Try smacking the brake drum with your 3lb Drilling Hammer? Try that and see if they pop lose.
When this happened to me, i just engaged the inter-axle, and it came loose for me
A good hard whack to the brake drum (not the brake or pads) with a 5 lb hammer will knock it loose. It is common after they sit.
(05-08-2016 )hhow55 Wrote: [ -> ]When this happened to me, i just engaged the inter-axle, and it came loose for me

tried it it didn't help :(
(05-08-2016 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]A good hard whack to the brake drum (not the brake or pads) with a 5 lb hammer will knock it loose. It is common after they sit.

will try it in the morning,
can that cause the brake code?
It may throw a code, sounds like it is your brakes that are stuck to the drum. Start the truck and air up the system, chock the wheels and release the parking brake. Whack brake drum with sledge hammer and they should release. I bet the code goes away.
Try backing off the slack adjuster. Hit the drum with hammer, if no luck, then engage inter-axle, and rock vehicle forward and reverse. You may want to put some heat on the drum also.
(05-09-2016 )sbtrucking Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2016 )hhow55 Wrote: [ -> ]When this happened to me, i just engaged the inter-axle, and it came loose for me

tried it it didn't help :(

If the brake is thin (right at or below 1/4" pad thickness), and/or the drum is very worn down ... the S-cam may have rolled over. If that is the case,... then you need to remove the wheel and back off the brakes and force the s-cam back to a normal position,.. then REPLACE THE BRAKES!.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's