Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: GlowShift boost gauge response
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
13 Cascadia w/ ISX....everything in factory form. Just installed the GlowShift boost/pyro gauges and had a question...

- How responsive are the GlowShiftboost gauges? If I'm not mistaken, aren't they stepper motors?

I ask because it seems I should be reading a few PSI at idle (being full factory emission system). If I give it a quick stab in neutral to 14-1500, it will jump the gauge quickly to about 9psi then quickly return to 0. I haven't taken the truck out yet to see any other readings so it very well may be fine. At a low idle (although I havent verified with Insite yet) you can def hear the turbo whistle which is leading to the conclusion of it generating a few PSI.

FYI, using the port on the top the intake manifold (right behind where the EGR pipe comes in).

Thanks guys
Depends on the conditions, if the engine isn't requesting EGR gas it could be very close to zero.
I don’t have any experience with their boost gauge but the pyrometer I ordered from them was way off from day one. It registered 180 degrees upon installation in a cold pipe(30 degrees ambient) and left me guessing on actual egts. I scrapped it when it consistently read 430ish every morning and went with autometer. It did have pretty colors you could change with the buttons to match the rest of your gauges, that part worked well.
The pyro seems to be all good. I bumped the idle up to about 900 to let the engine get to op temp and the pyro was reading about 225-230 once up to temp (it was at 0 when cold). I went down and shot the manifold right where it is installed with my digital temp gun and it ranged from 200-223 depending on where I swept it. That's pretty close....close enough to let me know when to be on alert. I'll continue checking it to see how accurate it stays. Only time will tell what it will do...

...and yes, it does have pretty colors lol!
[attachment=4739]
[attachment=4740]

This is what's on my cascadia.
Works good so far.
FBK, I like the vertical setup....I almost did just that. I ended up putting them across the bottom ( lining each one to the A/C knobs ). I plan on putting 2 more gauges above them and possibly a TPMS system where you have yours now.

BTW, I dig the digital read outs....looks good! Never saw that as an option or I would've scooped those up for sure.
(03-15-2019 )SquareOne Wrote: [ -> ]13 Cascadia w/ ISX....everything in factory form. Just installed the GlowShift boost/pyro gauges and had a question...

- How responsive are the GlowShiftboost gauges? If I'm not mistaken, aren't they stepper motors?

I ask because it seems I should be reading a few PSI at idle (being full factory emission system). If I give it a quick stab in neutral to 14-1500, it will jump the gauge quickly to about 9psi then quickly return to 0. I haven't taken the truck out yet to see any other readings so it very well may be fine. At a low idle (although I havent verified with Insite yet) you can def hear the turbo whistle which is leading to the conclusion of it generating a few PSI.

FYI, using the port on the top the intake manifold (right behind where the EGR pipe comes in).

Thanks guys
What did you run from intake manifold port to the gauge -
if it's tube then gauge is just regular manometer
I have used Glowshift in a few Powerstrokes ive owned you can get either a screwin pressure sensor with wires to the gauge or a compression fitting with hose from manifold to gauge if i remember right.
Glowshift and autometer are Chinese garbage. Buy speedhut custom gauges. I just bought a pyro and a boost from them. They are no doubt more expensive but they are made in USA and the quality is obviously far superior.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's