Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Trailer Tail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone had any experience with a Trailer Tail?
They claim to increase MPG about .5
What are your thoughts

T700
If it was my own personal trainer I wouldn't waste my money on them. The fleet I work for has them, I do open them but only because I never paid for them so what little positive effect they have ain't costing me anything.....

They claim 5 percent but I spoke with the head of equipment that's been tracking the increase in these and he told me 2.9 percent is likely a closer number. I think the real number is actually less or 0.

The amount of turnover our fleet has a lot of people jumping from truck to truck (30 percent variation possible in fuel mileage from driving alone) nobody runs dedicated freight either so even the miles and weight these truck run aren't consistent and factor in a figure for mistakes made in fuel mileage calculations and everything else, that measly 2.9 percent becomes less and less. You can get 5 percent that they claim for free by using your right foot.
My fleet uses them too, they do work but like bazdan said I think the ROI for a single truck is pretty long from what I've seen using them, I gain around around .02mpg using them. Which for a fleet with 50+ trucks adds up quick and they pay for them self in no time
(05-17-2016 )ynot Wrote: [ -> ]My fleet uses them too, they do work but like bazdan said I think the ROI for a single truck is pretty long from what I've seen using them, I gain around around .02mpg using them. Which for a fleet with 50+ trucks adds up quick and they pay for them self in no time

Did you mean .2 MPG instead of .02 MPG
Thanks for the info
T700
Oh sorry lol ya i ment .2mpg
Reference URL's