Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: CM 871 won’t regen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[attachment=4994]Second CM871 in as many weeks. DPF full light is on. DPFDP is 5’s,6’s and 7’s. Removed and found badly cracked And pieces falling out of DPF. DOC looks good with a light dusting of soot on the inlet. Outlet of doser looks good and free of any oil tracking. Makes me think I will be back to the previous truck sooner than later.

Not so funny story. The mechanic got called for this DPF full light. He forced a regen with the dash switch then went back to diagnose a trailer light problem and asked the driver to get in the cab and operate the light switch. The first thing he does is canceled the regen!!!! The mechanic restarts the regen 3 times before realizing that the driver is stopping the regen!! Come to find out he does this all of the time because the engine is to loud to use his cell phone. Can I disable this feature?

TIO
[attachment=4995][attachment=4996]Customer has asked me to reprogram their ISX 500 to perform like their ISX 525. They are vertically matched trucks and are used in the same hauls. They have owned them since new and always get drivers complaints about the power/torque in the ISX 525. If someone could steer me in the proper direction!!!

TIO
(05-09-2019 )theironoracle Wrote: [ -> ]Customer has asked me to reprogram their ISX 500 to perform like their ISX 525. They are vertically matched trucks and are used in the same hauls. They have owned them since new and always get drivers complaints about the power/torque in the ISX 525. If someone could steer me in the proper direction!!!

NO, THOSE 2 ENGINES ARE NOT THE SAME AT ALL!!! --- NOT ONE DAMN BIT!!!...

Comparing...

ESN:79288635 - Program AV10105.xx (required for old DPf part#'s) / AV10277 (new DPF part#'s ) (525-HP) (CPL2919) - High tier engine, big injectors, larger HP cams, larger HP pistons, etc...

with ...

ESN: 79238536 - Program AV10051.xx (required for old DPf part#'s) / AV10243 (new DPF part#'s ) (500-HP) (CPL2733) - Mid-tier engine, smaller injectors, mid-tier cams, smaller tier pistons, etc...

Besides the hardware incompatibilities, Looking at only the programming and comparing them, here is what I see at a glance...

* the 2 programs are for 2 very different engine builds. There is nothing compatible with them at all, and they will not interchange. You should REALLY REALLY read article this before screwing with HP related stuff!...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1&pid=1#pid1

- The only way to adjust that 500HP mid-tier engine to something more robust is to custom tune the HP and other settings in it. There is no factory program of higher HP that is compatible with it.
(12-31-1969 )theironoracle Wrote: [ -> ]...
the driver is stopping the regen!!
Can I disable this feature?

TIO

you can disable the regen inhibit switch, there are ways to do it,.. but you can't stop the driver from canceling it.. he could simply press in the clutch pedal or other things something and it will cancel for safety reasons.

Actual Solution ...

Tell the truck owner to FIRE THE DRIVER!!! -- AN EMPLOY IS ONLY WORTH HAVING IF YOU CAN MAKE A PROFIT OFF OF THEM BECAUSE THEY DO THEIR JOB EFFICIENTLY -- I WOULD HAVE RUN THAT COMPLETE IDIOT OF A DRIVER OFF AS FAST AS I SAW HIM DO THAT!!!
(05-09-2019 )theironoracle Wrote: [ -> ]Second CM871 in as many weeks. DPF full light is on. DPFDP is 5’s,6’s and 7’s. Removed and found badly cracked And pieces falling out of DPF. DOC looks good with a light dusting of soot on the inlet. Outlet of doser looks good and free of any oil tracking. Makes me think I will be back to the previous truck sooner than later.

Not so funny story. The mechanic got called for this DPF full light. He forced a regen with the dash switch then went back to diagnose a trailer light problem and asked the driver to get in the cab and operate the light switch. The first thing he does is canceled the regen!!!! The mechanic restarts the regen 3 times before realizing that the driver is stopping the regen!! Come to find out he does this all of the time because the engine is to loud to use his cell phone. Can I disable this feature?

TIO

Stupid steering wheel holders, stupid prizes.
(05-09-2019 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]NO, THOSE 2 ENGINES ARE NOT THE SAME AT ALL!!! --- NOT ONE DAMN BIT!!!...

Comparing...

ESN:79288635 - Program AV10105.xx (required for old DPf part#'s) / AV10277 (new DPF part#'s ) (525-HP) (CPL2919) - High tier engine, big injectors, larger HP cams, larger HP pistons, etc...

with ...

ESN: 79238536 - Program AV10051.xx (required for old DPf part#'s) / AV10243 (new DPF part#'s ) (500-HP) (CPL2733) - Mid-tier engine, smaller injectors, mid-tier cams, smaller tier pistons, etc...

Besides the hardware incompatibilities, Looking at only the programming and comparing them, here is what I see at a glance...

* the 2 programs are for 2 very different engine builds. There is nothing compatible with them at all, and they will not interchange. You should REALLY REALLY read article this before screwing with HP related stuff!...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1&pid=1#pid1

- The only way to adjust that 500HP mid-tier engine to something more robust is to custom tune the HP and other settings in it. There is no factory program of higher HP that is compatible with it.

Now what? Do you suggest this tune? If not how do I get the custom tune? I am still very green with Insite.

As far as firing the driver I spent my twenties as an equipment/shop manager for a construction company. I fired more people than everyone else put together. I finally realized my tolerance level for stupidity was not where it needed to be so I quit. I went out on my own and only hire some "labor" for large projects that require lots of cleaning or climbing.
custom tuning from one of the members on here. but if i have read enough the emissions go bye bye to custom tune something above its CPL rating. tell the truck owner if he wants to spend 100,000 a year in DOC/DPF repairs he can keep his driver and make you rich in the process if hes gona let his driver keep destroying his truck. and the only thing a 550 tune is going to do for the owner is cost him more in fuel. if i owned trucks and had employees running them they would be set just like big companie trucks. 450HP or less and 1650 Torque or less because 99% of steerwheel holders dont give 2 shits how they beat on your equipment.
You can also do the reverse and custom tune to a lesser HP and torque to all trucks the same. That solves drivers griping about running better with the higher HP engines. Just tell them they all were turned up and tuned and when they're all pulling the hill exactly the same your problems are solved.
Bumping back to main page. Still need help with a couple questions.

1) Best place and brand of new DOCs and DPFs?

2) How do I reprogram/update Ecm programming after installation of new DOC and Dpfs?

Thanks TIO
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's