Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Antifreeze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone.

I recently went to the mechanic and had my filters on the engine changed.(water filter. Steering filter and antifreeze tank) Now my antifreeze coolant is burning very fast and I have no signs of leaks. Thanks in Advance
I do have a slight leak but it’s never given me a problem of this much coolant loss.
pressurize the coolant system to 20 psi and look for leaks after a couple hours when everything cools off.
Is there anything else it could be besides leaks. I know I have one but I’ve never burned coolant like this before and it was always there
need more details. What do you mean it burns coolant? By all means, pressure test. When is the coolant disappearing (all the time, under load, hard pull, etc)?
Not sure. I’m running sand so it heavy loads but just noticed it from when I had my filters changed I will go have it pressure tested and give results. I do t think it’s from a leak though
Check your hose clamps... Seriously.
If the shop didn't clean the mating surface when they changed the coolant filter its possible there is dirt between the seal and flange. You can temporarily turn the flow to the filter off to see it it goes away.
Ok. I went to a shop in Out here in Mansfield PA. The head mechanic Mike seems to be a pretty good guy and seems to know what he is talking about. I explained to him about the filters and he immediately started looking at the egr cooler. I then told him my truck is deleted but he said the cooler can still be bad and burn the coolant. He also explained that if it was the egr cooler I would have obvious drivability issues and I do not.

Upon further diagnosis he asked me did they vacuum the air out of the engine before replacing the coolant. And for certain the mechanics in North Jersey did not do that. He said give it another week and the air pockets will work it’s way out of the engine. I believe this is the issue I’m having with the loss of coolant. Thanks Guys

Rawze maybe you should look to add this shop in your trusted mechanics network. They seem to be good people and reliable.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's