Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: CM 870 loss of power at temps of 80 deg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here I am again, I had the high pyro and low boost, Spence last post the motor dropped a valve. All egr is gone and Vgt turbo is gone. Retuned and pyro and boost looks great till I hit the 80deg outside temp. The truck seems like it’s losing fuel to injectors pyro running 900 and boost about 35. Norm is 38 on less than 80 deg. COULD it be the fuel is getting hot in the tanks? The fuel in the tanks is extremely hot but I don’t know if it’s norm or not to be hot? I just don’t know what else to do new motor, new turbo, new sensors, new timing and metering actuators, new sensor wireing harness just last week? And the Programer is very well known on here, and he spent lots of time with me but just couldn’t get it before valve let go.
Sounds like MommaBurt needs to pick up where he left off. Just out of curiosity, what temp is your fuel getting to? Very hot is a vague description.
higher than normal pyro is a result of low boost for the fuel going in. Pressurize engine + look for exhaust restrictions.

sounds like you need to actually take it to one of those guys instead of guessing non-stop. I am also NOt a fan of taking that VG off instead of fixing what was wrong in the first place.
So how would I go about pressuring system?
I use 1 peice of 4" PVC with cap stuck on a boot other end same thing just hole drilled in cap and a 1/2" nipple with a jam nut on inside and a T with valve and pressure gauge on outside hooked to aair compressor
That's only doing the intake. Do the whole engine.

http://rawze.com/forums/archive/index.ph...972-3.html

The one link Rawze posted goes to a $1,100 plug for a 1.5 foot - 2 foot plug. That is absolutely the wrong one. You need to search out the 4-inch to 6-inch plug. I believe it's a TP46.

Maybe Rawze can correct that link so people don't get misguided into thinking they need to spend $1,200
(05-15-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote: [ -> ]...

The one link Rawze posted goes to a $1,100 plug for a 1.5 foot - 2 foot plug. That is absolutely the wrong one. You need to search out the 4-inch to 6-inch plug. I believe it's a TP46.

Maybe Rawze can correct that link so people don't get misguided into thinking they need to spend $1,200

looks like the link changed. I corrected it with something that should work just as well. Thanks for the heads up.
Reference URL's