Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Deleasing tomorrow.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tomorrow is going to be my last day at my current company. This company Ive been with for over 3 years recently got bought out and the management was run off...turning my terminal into a smoldering dysfunctional turd. Ive had enough and have somewhere else to go.

Question...I was using supplied plates. IFTA, etc... Itll be about a week before I get everything set with plates and whatnot to roll again. How do you guys handle moving the truck once the stickers are off the door and my ELD/plate removed following a delease? Slap 'not for hire' on it, put the cab card on the dash and go? I have a 45 minute trip home.
Ill use this time to get ahead on repairs and maintenance. Havent faced this yet. If it matters, it's in GA.
I have done this a couple of times. Once in Georgia as a matter of fact. 45 minutes? Bobtail? Just drive it.
I was thinking I should be good until midnight at least with the cab card. I doubt it gets cancelled that quickly...but you never know.

...and of course they pooched my pay again and did not release my escrow funds to me. Again. Then people wonder why drivers get upset and leave.
(05-16-2019 )dhirocz Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking I should be good until midnight at least with the cab card. I doubt it gets cancelled that quickly...but you never know.

...and of course they pooched my pay again and did not release my escrow funds to me. Again. Then people wonder why drivers get upset and leave.

how is that legal? stealing escrow?.....
My company has been slow af for the last 2 months and the boss has only been giving me stuff that none of the other drivers wanna take..... if the man keeps that up i'm going back OTR.

I know i'm not going to any big time companies, i wanna be able to get to the owner if he decides to attempt to stiff me on my escrow or w.e LOL :D :P.

If anyone knows a decent company that does regional runs, id love to hear it! cuz im asking around and the drivers ive talked to told me to just stay away from A and B company. Owners and managers have been known to steal from drivers.
(05-16-2019 )Evotrucker Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2019 )dhirocz Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking I should be good until midnight at least with the cab card. I doubt it gets cancelled that quickly...but you never know.

how is that legal? stealing escrow?.....

Companies do it all the time... Normally have to take them to small claims or sometimes calling the EEOC will get them to move. Always best to have an attorney friend or one on retainer. Keeping a guys escrow is beyond common out here, as is their last pay or pays. Few ever fight back.

As far as another company that runs regional, there are three of us starting next week at a brokerage, I will let you know how it goes. Mainly automotive freight, with shipper/broker direct contracts, not board freight. Cut out that trucking company middle man.
(05-16-2019 )dhirocz Wrote: [ -> ]Tomorrow is going to be my last day at my current company. This company Ive been with for over 3 years recently got bought out and the management was run off...turning my terminal into a smoldering dysfunctional turd. Ive had enough and have somewhere else to go.

Question...I was using supplied plates. IFTA, etc... Itll be about a week before I get everything set with plates and whatnot to roll again. How do you guys handle moving the truck once the stickers are off the door and my ELD/plate removed following a delease? Slap 'not for hire' on it, put the cab card on the dash and go? I have a 45 minute trip home.
Ill use this time to get ahead on repairs and maintenance. Havent faced this yet. If it matters, it's in GA.

The reason you buy your own plate, LOL! Just drive it, I've driven cross country like that, only thing I did was to make sure I had insurance and I always stuck something in the window, an in transit sign or a photo copy of a dealer plate. Never had an issue, have done it several times.
Keep your plate on till you get home and mail it back to them.

If its already turned in. Write on a piece of paper "Lost Tag" write the tag # on it and post it in the passenger windshield. I've driven across the country this way with stops at more than a couple weigh stations. They just hold you on the scale till they can read the paper in the windshield thenwave you on by.
Well Ill get back home later today...blew a hose in Griffin enroute to mcdonough this morning. Had to do some roadside repair but I got it handled.

...and then dispatch called me. When you get aggrivated when they call and angry when you hang up, its time to go.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's