Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Fixed Vent Window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone here ever replaced the front vent window? I can’t find any information online.
Just wondering if it’s something that requires special tools or supplies. Any tips would be appreciated.

15 Prostar with a fixed vent window.
Glued in like the windshield i do believe. Prolly be as cheap and quicker to take to the local auto glass company.
Safelite wants $800...
Thats insane.
methinks vanderhaags or some other salvage yard and a caulking gun with a urethane tube would be much easier on the wallet
(05-30-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote: [ -> ]methinks vanderhaags or some other salvage yard and a caulking gun with a urethane tube would be much easier on the wallet

Me too. That’s why I’m asking. Hoping to get by for a hundred bucks.
what did you do prichard! caught in one of these wonderful hailstorms or somethin?
I don't know where you are, I'm up in Detroit, plenty of mom and pop glass shops up here. Safelite is a rip off. I called for a chip repair in my windshield, $160! I called Henderson Glass a few doors down, literally a few doors down, $29. They did it in the parking lot, in and out. That was over a year ago, still holding. Any local glass shop should be able to get you that vent window. If you cannot get a new one, call a big truck junk yard, plenty of totaled ProStars out there with intact vent windows.
Ya, look up glass in the yellow pages. Call around. Im sure you'll find someone that is a much better price.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's