Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Enable fast idle using insite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if that's possible. I see some of the stuff in parameters. I tried enabling fast idle switch thinking that would allow the cruise control switch to operate fast idle, but that gave me a J1939 error so I disabled it again.

Edit: I don't normally idle my truck, but I'm home for about 24 hours every other day and I lose all air on that time. It's cool at night when I leave and this truck idles right at 600 regardless of weather or any other circumstances. I would like to bump that idle up while it's airing up and warming up. Unless that would be bad for it.
I think most ppl would advise to bump up idle. I don’t have onsite in front of me but it should be able to set the limits under parameters. I did it on mine. (2250) without issue. I’m sure someone will chime in on your error message.
Turn on the pto in insite. U can set the high idle rpm. And how many rpm it goes up each time u press accel. UNLESS you have one these damn prostars with the idle free apu. Its turned off in diamond logic and u cant idle it up without releasing the brakes. Incredibly stupid.
600rpm for an isx is too low. make it a minimum of 800rpm.
Will do.
(06-29-2019 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]600rpm for an isx is too low. make it a minimum of 800rpm.

Hey Rawze, I had mine set at 700 to bump up the oil pressure during idle, so 800 is your best bet? Thanks
Enabling PTO worked. Thanks for that, would've never thought of it.
700 is descent for normal idling to keep oil psi up during operation. 800+ for long term idle. Better oil and coolant circulation and it helps to spin fan faster for a\c and cooling.
(07-01-2019 )multitask Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2019 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]600rpm for an isx is too low. make it a minimum of 800rpm.

Hey Rawze, I had mine set at 700 to bump up the oil pressure during idle, so 800 is your best bet? Thanks

I find 700 is good. Keep up for oil pressure and to reduce vibration. Each truck is a little different.
Reference URL's