Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: 600 series isx oil leak
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello all
I have a 600 series isx 07 Pete 379.I purchased from a private seller who lied about everything. So it's leaking oil bad and I took it to peterbilt and they threw a turbo and valve cover at it for 8000. Well it didn't last long and the leak was back. It leaks everywhere! I can't tell exactly where. It puddles at the back of the engine on top of bell housing and puddles on ground directly under passenger side. Driver side stays way cleaner. There is oil in front of engine back and passenger mostly. Steps and everything underneath getting covered. The other day when I was checking oil the cap wanted to forcibly come off. Whitish clear smoke or steam constant coming out. Valve cover after 400 miles now has 4 cracked bolt hole all the center ones. Guy said he rebuilt it at 42000 ago which is 50000 now. He has not sent my papers like he said he would and is a complete liar. So when I find out the thing wasn't rebuilt I will go from there. Bit any ideas whay this leak is it goes everywhere and only under load heavy leaking??

Thanks[/size]
Could be rear structure leaking, or the back of the head. Pressure wash it off real good then drive it around a little and see if you can tell where its coming from. What's your oil pressure when driving loaded?
Waterloo just added some Dye into His engine oil and found leaks!
You need to determine if the CCV is stopped up and if the blowby is excessive and the cause first before you start chasing oil leaks.
He may very well have had it rebuilt, but based off the info and many examples within this forum alone, a poor inframe and/or improper tuning is detrimental to an ISX.
(10-13-2019 )tree98 Wrote: [ -> ]Could be rear structure leaking, or the back of the head. Pressure wash it off real good then drive it around a little and see if you can tell where its coming from. What's your oil pressure when driving loaded?

It usually stays between 38 and 40
(10-13-2019 )Pd6cas2 Wrote: [ -> ]Waterloo just added some Dye into His engine oil and found leaks!
Tried that only leaks bad enough under load and I didn't try it under load last time . I did let it run all night though and saw no leaks or dye
(10-13-2019 )Moose Wrote: [ -> ]You need to determine if the CCV is stopped up and if the blowby is excessive and the cause first before you start chasing oil leaks.
Isx 600 no filter I'm pretty sure? Hose right into front of engine. No blow from hose it seems it looks cleaner on inside .
(10-13-2019 )SquareOne Wrote: [ -> ]He may very well have had it rebuilt, but based off the info and many examples within this forum alone, a poor inframe and/or improper tuning is detrimental to an ISX.

True story and that has me worried
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's